This slow cooker maple brown sugar ham will be a hit at your Easter dinner. Ditched the pre-made packet and make this easy recipe! Dark brown sugar is mixed with ground mustard, clove and maple syrup and then massaged into a spiral sliced ham. Pour over pineapple juice and let your slow cooker do the rest of the work. Who doesn’t love the idea of freeing up some oven space this Easter by cooking your ham in the slow cooker?
Can you even believe Easter is less than a week a way?! I’m struggling keeping up with all these holidays. What feels like two weeks ago it was Valentines day and suddenly it’s now Easter. My mind is blown that quarter of the year is almost over. I feel like it’s moving fast from holiday to holiday with little to no breath in between.
SO with that said…I’m all about freeing up some oven space this year? My oven already is the size of most peoples toaster ovens so I’ve been making my ham in the slow cooker for years. Technically most of the hams you get at grocery stores are already fully cooked and just need to be reheated and glazed. Your slow cooker is perfect for this!
Set it, forget it are rules to live by.
To Make This Slow Cooker Maple Brown Sugar Ham You Will Need:
- spiral sliced ham. I prefer the ham to be bone-in, but either bone-in or boneless is fine.
- dark brown sugar
- dry ground mustard
- ground cloves
- maple syrup
- pineapple juice
Start by mixing together 2/3 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon dried ground mustard and then 1/2 teaspoon ground clove. Break up any clumps of brown sugar as you go.
Next pour in the 1/2 cup of maple syrup and stir to combine.
Then pour most of the glaze over top of you ham and rub it all over all sides of your ham. Then pour a little of the glaze in the bottom of your 6-quart slow cooker and set the ham inside. I will link my slow cooker in the recipe printable.
Next, place your ham into your slow cooker and slowly pour the pineapple juice over top.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Baste the ham with the cooking liquids every couple of hours if you want or at the least, 1 hour to 30 minutes before serving.
So easy and SO good!
Finally, remove the ham from the slow cooker to a serving platter or carving board. Next, tent with foil and allow the ham to rest for about 15 minutes or so. Drizzle with a little of the glaze before slicing and serving.
This slow cooker maple brown sugar ham recipe yields a juicy tender ham with delicious flavor! I highly suggest serving it with homemade cheesy potatoes, my Mom’s (EASY) baked beans and a maybe salad, green beans or asparagus. And dinner rolls! Always rolls.
Slow Cooker Maple Brown Sugar Ham
- 8 pounds bone-in or boneless spiral sliced ham, seasoning pack discarded
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1½ cups pineapple juice
- Remove any packaging (including glaze packet) and discard.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, mustard, clove and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Pour 1/4 of the glaze into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- On a clean platter, place the ham cut-side-down and pour remaining glaze over top, rubbing it into the ham. Transfer ham to slow cooker and gradually pour pineapple juice over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove and let rest, tented under foil for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!