Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles are classic and simple. Fresh asparagus spears are wrapped with bacon and roasted. A quick creamy mustard dip is the perfect accompaniment to these tasty bundles.
Let’s be real, bacon wrapped anything is going to be delicious. So far, I’ve wrapped bacon around jalapeños, pineapple and dates with zero regret. Today it’s bundles of asparagus, and we’re dipping them in a creamy mustard dip.
These may just be the easiest side dish ever. Impressive too! I like serving these next to grilled steaks or with a baked frittata or an egg casserole.
To Make These Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles You Will Need:
- bacon (I like center cut)
- olive oil spray
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- stone ground mustard
In a small bowl combine the 3 tablespoons each of plain nonfat greek yogurt and 3 tablespoons mayonnaise with 1/4 cup stone ground mustard. I love and have been using Inglehoffer for years. This isn’t sponsored, just keeping it real.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Trim off the tough ends from a large bunch of asparagus. You need 3 to 4 spears per bundle, so when picking out asparagus, grab a bundle of at least 30.
Wrap 1 slice of center cut bacon around a bundle of 3 asparagus spears.
Secure the bacon with a toothpick. This will help keep the bacon in place when roasting.
Place the wrapped asparagus onto a wire rack (set into a rimmed baking sheet) that has been sprayed with olive oil. Spray the tops of each bundle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle just the asparagus with kosher salt and the bacon with coarse black pepper.
Slip the pan on to the middle rack of your preheated 450° oven and bake for 16 to 18 minute or longer if your asparagus is thicker.
That’s it my friends!
Serve next to your quiche or casserole at brunch or next to grilled chicken or steak for dinner.
Simple, easy and delicious.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
FOR THE MUSTARD DIP:
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard, we like Inglehoffer's!
FOR THE ASPARAGUS:
- 1 bunch (of 30) asparagus spears
- 10 slices center cut bacon
- olive oil spray
- kosher salt
- black pepper, coarse freshly ground
- Preheat your oven to 450°. Place an oven-safe wire rack into a rimmed baking sheet and spray with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, mayo and stone ground mustard. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Trimmed the tough ends off the asparagus.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around 3 asparagus spears and secure the bacon with a toothpick. Place each bundle onto the wrack and repeat with the remaining asparagus and bacon.
- Spray the bundles lightly with olive oil. Season the asparagus with kosher salt and the bacon with coarse black pepper.
- Bake on the middle rack of your oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the asparagus is tender. They may need longer if the asparagus is thicker.
- Serve on a platter with a bowl of the creamy mustard dip.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!