Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots are a delicious easy side dish! Carrots are roasted and tossed in a scrumptious garlic butter and fresh parsley. Serves 6 in 30 minutes.
Something extremely magical happens to carrots when they roast in the oven. They become sweeter, tender and more delicious. Toss them in butter and garlic? forgetaboutit. These naturally-sweet, garlicky carrots are beyond delicious.
These would make an excellent side dish to pretty much anything and would look gorgeous on your holiday dinner table.
To Make These Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots You Will Need:
- unsalted butter
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- minced fresh parsley
Preheat your oven to 425° and peel and roll cut 2 pounds of carrots.
What Is A Roll Cut?
A roll cut or oblique cut, is a technique where you cut food (typically done with long vegetables like: carrots, parsnips and zucchini) in way in which it gives the food two angled sides. This method promotes even cooking/roasting and visual appeal when served!
Spray a large, rimmed metal baking pan with olive oil and spread the carrots out evenly. Spray with olive oil and a small pinch or two of kosher salt. Roast on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, in a deep-sided skillet, add 1/4 cup of butter with 4 cloves minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
Stir and heat on medium-low. Once the garlic is sizzling, cook for 30 seconds. Remove the skillet off of the heat.
Once the carrots are roasted and caramelized in spots, transfer them to the skillet with the garlic butter.
If for some reason or another your carrots don’t caramelize, move them up in your oven and turn on the broiler. Watch carefully!
Lastly, toss with a tablespoon of minced fresh parsley.
Serve the roasted carrots with lots of freshly ground black pepper.
Simple ingredients. Major flavor.
Enjoy! And if you give this Roasted Carrot recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
- olive oil spray
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and roll cut
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground to taste
- parsley, minced, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 425° and spray the bottom of a large, rimmed metal baking sheet pan.
- Add the carrots to the pan, spray lightly with olive oil and spread evenly on the pan. Roast on the middle rack for 18 to 20 minutes. Or until tender and caramelized in spots.*
- Meanwhile, add the butter, garlic and salt to a deep-sided skillet. Stir and melt the butter over medium-low heat. Once the garlic is sizzling, cook for 30 seconds. Remove the pan off of the heat.
- When the carrots are finished roasting, transfer them to the skillet with the garlic butter. Toss to combine.
- Serve with minced fresh parsley and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
We are enjoying so many of your recipes. Thank you for them.
Thank YOU, Kathie!