Air Fryer Green Beans are a healthy and a super easy side dish. Trimmed fresh green beans are tossed with olive oil and a few spices and air-fried to perfection. No blanching required! Serves 6 in about 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Green Beans Are My New favorite Side.
It’s true. I make them all the time. Who wouldn’t? They’re so easy and healthy and bonus! you don’t have to turn on the oven AND there’s little dishes to wash.
Serve with just about anything! But they are pretty perfect with this lighter chicken marsala!
To Make These Air Fryer Green Beans You Will Need:
- green beans
- olive oil spray
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Trim 1 pound of green beans (that have been rinsed and patted dry) and add them into a goos size bowl.
Spray with olive oil and toss to combine.
Season with 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon both garlic powder and paprika.
Toss to combine.
Oh yeah, sprinkle with kosher salt and toss (again) to combine.
Meanwhile, preheat your air fryer to 360°.
What Is Air Frying?
- An air fryer is a counter top appliance that requires less oil (anything from a few spritz to 1 tablespoon) yet produces crispy food that rivals most deep fried foods. By using circulating hot air, it moves at a high speed so the food tends to cook in a fraction of the time.
- There are a bunch of different makes and models of air fryers. My husband did the research (as he’s known to do) and found this air fryer [affiliate] to be one of the best. But do your research and purchase one that fits your lifestyle.
How is Air Frying Healthier?
- Air frying is healthier because only a thin layer of oil coats the food and when the hot air comes in contact it will crisp. Saving you a ton of fat and calories (without sacrificing any flavor!) because food is not being submerged in a vat of hot oil.
- Keep in mind, not all air fryers are equal. Some preheat and some do not. Some are smaller than others therefore you may need to work in smaller batches to air fry.
For more Air Fryer recipes, click here for my growing collection.
Once your air fryer has preheated, add the green beans to the basket and air fry for 6 to 9 minutes, shaking the basket every 3 minutes.
The green beans are done when they are firm yet tender.
Season the air fryer green beans with freshly ground black pepper before serving. And that’s it my friends.
After dinner, if there’s any left, I’ll eat them straight out of the basket with zero guilt. I promise you they are so good.
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans, rinsed and patted dry
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat your air fryer to 360°.
- Trim the stem ends off of the green beans and add to a bowl. Spray with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Season with onion powder, garlic powder, paparika and pinches of kosher salt, tossing to combine.
- Once your air fryer has preheated, add in tne green beans and air fry for 6 to 9 minutes, shaking them in the basket every 3 mintues until firm yet tender.
- Serve with freshly ground black pepper over top.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!