Brioche Dinner Rolls are tender, rich and slightly sweet. A simple recipe that yields a batch of soft and delicious dinner rolls. Perfect for either a cozy weeknight meal or holiday dinner. This recipe makes 12 dinner rolls.
Brioche is the best.
Brioche is a French bread that’s rich and eggy, slightly sweet with the flavor that sort of reminds me of croissant. It’s made similar to most breads, just with the addition of butter, milk and egg.
And it just so happens to be my absolute favorite bread.
To Make These Easy Brioche Rolls You Will Need:
- bread flour
- instant yeast
- whole milk
In a large mixing bowl, measure and add; 3-1/2 cups bread flour, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 2-1/4 teaspoons instant yeast and 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt.
Whisk to combine.
Ina a medium saucepan add; 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1/2 cup whole milk and 3/4 cup hot water.
Heat until the butter has melted and liquids are hot.
In a bowl, crack in an egg and add 2 egg yolks.
Whisk the eggs and then slowly pour in a little of the hot liquids to temper the eggs by bringing them up to temperature.
Pour the warmed egg mixture back into the pot with the milk and butter.
Stir and set off to the side.
Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
And pour in the warm egg, milk and butter.
Starting in the middle, gradually stirring incorporating a little of the flour as you go.
Working your way to the outside of the bowl.
Until a shaggy dough has formed.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot to rise for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
For me, after around 1-1/2 hours it has doubled.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup of bread flour onto a clean work surface. Use a spatula to scrape the dough out of the bowl.
Use a bench scraper to turn the dough to coat in the flour.
Then divide the dough into 12 (3 ounce) portions.
Coat each of the 12 pieces of dough in a little of the flour.
Stretch, tuck and pinch the dough.
Shaping it into a ball. Repeat.
Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Allow them to rest 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375℉ (or 190℃).
They should have puffed up a bit.
Make the egg wash by combining 1 egg with 1 teaspoon water. Whisk well to combine.
Lightly brush the top and sides with the egg wash before baking on the middle rack of your preheated oven.
In my oven, they take 16 to 18 minutes. However depending on the oven, could take up to 22 to 25 minutes. Just watch them closely to avoid burning.
Golden and gorgeous.
Serve warm with salted butter.
For more dinner roll recipes click here.
Brioche Dinner Rolls
- 3½ cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2¼ teaspoons instant yeast, NOT dry active
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- egg wash, 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl combine; flour, sugar salt and yeast. Stir to combine and make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium sauce pan, add butter, milk and water. Heat until butter is melted and the liquids are hot.
- Add egg and egg yolks to a medium bowl. Beat with a whisk. While whisking, slowly pour in a little of the hot liquids to temper the eggs (bring them up in temperature).
- Pour the egg mixture into the saucepan with the milk and butter. Stir and slowly pour into the well of the dry ingredients.
- Using a rubber spatula, starting from the center and working your way to the outside of the bowl, stir the flour into the egg/milk mixture. Until a shaggy dough forms.
- Once completely combined, cover and place in a warm spot to rise for 1½ to 2 hours. Dough should double in size.
- When the dough has risen, sprinkle a clean work station with 1/4 cup of flour. Scrap out the dough onto the floured surface. Use a bench scraper to turn the dough and coat in flour.
- Then divide the dough into 12 (3 ounce) portions and roll each one into a little flour.
- Pinch and tuck the sides underneath to form a tight, smooth ball. Place onto prepared pan and repeat.
- Cover with a clean, kitchen towel and allow to rise a second time for 30 minutes. Should puff up but not double in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375℉ (or 190℃) and spray a rimmed metal baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Brush tops with egg wash and bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 18 to 25 minutes or until golden.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!