This honey glazed salmon with a fresh and simple mango salsa is light, fresh and healthfully delicious. And let’s not forget easy and beautiful, too!
There’s something about salmon with a fruit salsa over top that I just love.
Rich buttery salmon plus a fresh burst of fruit- gah! It’s summer so fresh produce is at it’s best and my body literally craves light and healthy meals just like this. Last year my daughters were obsessed over the citrus chili salmon I made with a strawberry avocado salsa to top it. This year, while Pat was away with friends on a golf trip- I made this little ditty.
It takes only minutes to prep and cook and is basically a guilt free meal. A summer go-to recipe for sure.
In a 8×11 dish, whisk together 2 tablespoons honeys, 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari, 2 teaspoons sunflower oil and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper.
Whisk until completely blended.
Cut a large salmon filet into 4 pieces.
Place the salmon, skin-side facing up and move it around to coat the sides in the glaze. Move off to the side to prepare the salsa.
Finely dice 1 mango…
And add it to a bowl with 1/4 cup finely diced red onion minced cilantro…
…and the juice of half a lime.
Stir and set off to the side.
Prepare a rimmed sheet pan with foil and spray or rub with olive oil. Place the salmon, skin-side down onto the greased foil.
Drizzle or brush on more of the glaze before broiling for 5-8 minutes or until the salmon is opaque and flakes easily.
Top the honey glazed salmon with generous amounts of the mango salsa and serve.
I serve my salmon usually on a bed of couscous but wilted spinach or nothing at all is perfectly acceptable.
Oh! And served alongside it (just in case you missed that post) is my Grilled Baby Bok Choy with a killer Ginger Chili Sauce. DO. IT.
Enjoy! And if you give this Honey Glazed Salmon recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
My cookbook Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy is now available! CLICK HERE for details and THANK YOU in advance!
Honey Glazed Salmon with Fresh Mango Salsa
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari, or low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil or light olive oil, plus more for pan
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound salmon fillets
FOR THE MANGO SALSA:
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Preheat your ovens broiler to high and place the oven rack in the highest position. In a 8x11 dish combine the honey, tamari, oil and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Place the salmon, flesh-side down into the glaze mixture and set off to the side while you prepare the salsa.
- In a bowl combine the diced mango, onion, cilantro and lime juice.
- Prepare a rimmed sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray or rub with oil. Place the salmon, skin-side down onto the greased foil.
- Drizzle or brush with remaining glaze. Broil the salmon for 5 to 8 minutes or until opaque and flakes easily. Watch carefully so the glaze does not burn.
- Serve with fresh mango salsa over top.
[this post contains affiliate links.]
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!