Grilled Green Beans are easy, healthy, and the perfect summer side! Fresh green beans tossed in light olive oil, grilled and seasoned with a homemade garlic herb blend. Serves 4 to 6 in under 25 minutes.
I’ve been getting a lot of use out of my grill basket lately.
Grilled zucchini, summer squash and asparagus are the usual suspects, but last week I grilled green beans. YES! Grilled green beans are totally a thing and they are crispy and tender and delicious. They’re basically replacing french fries. Okay so not really but in our house they are loved.
I’ve always loved fresh green beans. I eat them uncooked and plain, roasted or pickled – not a problem. But these grilled beans are so easy and delicious I just had to share. Three ingredients and a grill is all you need.
TO MAKE THESE GRILLED GREEN BEANS YOU WILL NEED:
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons garlic herb seasoning – or use your favorite.
First, preheat your grill and grill basket to 400°. Meanwhile clean, pat dry and trim the green beans.
Next, place the clean and trimmed green beans into a large bowl.
Next, drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. I’m using a regular light olive oil, but other infused oils would work too. Then toss those beans until coated.
Lastly, throw them directly into the hot grill basket and close the lid, grilling for 4 to 5 minutes. Don’t stray too far because these will brown and cook quickly.
Toss them around every few minutes until the bean form a delicious grill marks in spots.
Use tongs and transfer the grilled green beans back to the same mixing bowl. Sprinkle with the garlic herb seasoning, tossing to combine.
So simple! The moment I was done shooting the photos, my oldest daughter and I inhaled these like they were the last green beans on earth. Sometimes it’s the simple recipes in life that can be the most delicious amiright?
Grilled Green Beans
- 1 to 1½ pounds fresh green beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons garlic herb seasoning
- Place a grill basket onto your grill grates and preheat your grill to 400°.
- Rinse the beans and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel. Trim the stem-ends off of the green beans.
- In a large bowl, toss the beans with the olive oil.
- Use tongs to transfer the green beans into the hot grill basket. Close the lid and grill for 4 minutes.
- Keep a watchful eye and toss them every couple of minutes until the skin starts to blister and char.
- Use tongs and transfer the grilled green beans back to the same mixing bowl. Sprinkle with the garlic herb seasoning, tossing to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!