Inspired by my favorite fall take-out salad, this Fuji Apple Salad is loaded with texture and flavor. Spring greens topped with homemade baked apple chips, chicken, maple candied pecans, crumbed blue cheese and drizzled in a sweet apple cider vinaigrette. This recipe yields 4 entree salads.
It’s no secret I love recreating Panera Recipes at home.
My obsession started with broccoli cheddar soup and has grown exponentially over the years. And this fuji apple salad is a fall must. Actually, it’s an all year round must. Crisp apple chips, crumbled blue cheese and maple sugar candied pecans on bed of leafy baby greens, drizzled with a sweet apple cider vinaigrette. Believe me when I tell you the dressing is perfection!
In it apple cider, white balsamic vinegar is sweetened with maple syrup and seasoned with a few dried herbs and spices. It’s creamy, sweet and incredible on this fuji apple salad.
And dare I say that it’s better than Panera? (because it is.)
To Make This Fuji Apple Salad You Will Need:
for the sweet apple cider vinaigrette:
- olive oil
- white balsamic
- maple syrup
- apple cider (not vinegar)
- ground rosemary
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- fine sea salt
- ground ginger
- white pepper
for the salad:
- baby spring greens
- cooked chicken
- baked apple chips
- grap tomatoes
- thinly sliced red onion
- candied pecans
- crumbled blue cheese
In a mini food processor blender, measure and add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon fine salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper.
If you can’t find ground rosemary, throw some into a spice grinder or use a mortar and pestle to grind it up.
To that, measure and add 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar, 3 tablespoons apple cider (not apple cider vinegar), 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup and 1 teaspoon dijon mustard.
Blend until creamy and smooth.
Make the candied pecans by adding 1/2 cup pecans, 2 teaspoons brown sugar and 2 teaspoons maple syrup. Heat on medium-low, stirring until the pecans are coated and toasty.
Divide 10 ounces of baby spring mix among bowls and top with cooked grilled chicken (use leftover grilled, roasted or rotisserie chicken), crispy apple chips, thinly sliced red onion, halved tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese and candied pecans.
Drizzle with the sweet apple cider vinaigrette.
And there you have fall in a bowl. The combination of flavors is why this salad is so great. Apples, blue cheese and pecans is one of the best!
Make it a meal with this Autumn Squash Soup!
Click Here For More Panera Bread Inspired Recipes.
Fuji Apple Salad
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
FOR THE CANDIED PECANS:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
FOR THE SALAD
- 10 ounces baby spring mix
- cooked chicken use, leftover grilled, roasted or rotisserie chicken
- 1 recipe [baked apple chips]
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomato halves
- candied pecans
- sweet apple cider vinaigrette
MAKE THE VINAIGRETTE:
- In a mini food processor or blender, measure and add; garlic and onion powder, fine salt, ground ginger and white pepper. To that, add the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, apple cider (not apple cider vinegar), maple syrup and dijon.
- Blend until smooth.
MAKE THE CANDIED PECANS:
- In a small nonstick skillet add pecans, brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Heat on medium-low, stirring until the pecans are coated and toasty. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spread out on a parchment lined plate and let cool.
MAKE THE SALAD:
- Divide the lettuce among bowls and top with cooked grilled chicken, a few apple chips, thinly sliced red onion, halved tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese and candied pecans.
- Drizzle with the dressing and season with extra black pepper if desired.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!