Buffalo Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos are easy and loaded with flavor. Air-fried chipotle southwest seasoned shrimp are tucked into toasty white corn shells with a cool and crisp cilantro lime slaw. Before serving, drizzle with buffalo sauce and topped with pickled red onion, cilantro and avocado or toppings of your choice. Yields 12 tacos or serves 4 (with 3 tacos per person).
I’ve never met a taco I didn’t like.
From chicken, beef and pork to fish and vegetarian and vegan. They’re hand held, can range from mild to spicy and usually are pretty simple to prepare. There’s really no limit to what you can put in or on tacos. And todays recipe is my latest obsession.
I first made these on a random weeknight after my evening yoga class. I wanted something quick, easy and satisfying. After looking in my fridge, I devised a plan. Since then I’ve been making them every other week. Craving these simple spicy tacos but don’t have the time? You have options. You can make these extra-easy by toasting the shells, adding in the slaw with a drizzle of (store-bought) cilantro lime dressing of your choice. Then simply add in the cooked shrimp, buffalo sauce and desired toppings. Although I am partial to my creamy cilantro lime avocado dressing! To be completely transparent, I’ve made them both ways and neither disappoint.
Prepare to fall in love.
To Make These Buffalo Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos You Will Need:
- shrimp (raw) – I use extra large, wild caught, peeled and deveined shrimp with tails off.
- southwest seasoning – Adds additional flavor to these already flavorful tacos.
- chipotle powder – Lends a smoky and earthy flavor.
- extra light olive oil spray – Helps crisp and brown the shrimp.
- broccoli slaw – Use your favorite! I like Mann’s Superfood blend. (not sponsored)
- cilantro lime dressing – I use this homemade creamy avocado version but Primal Kitchen makes a great healthy option as well.
- white corn tortillas – Pan toasted for extra flavor and texture.
- buffalo sauce – Use homemade or store-bought.
- pickled red onions
- cilantro leaves
- lime wedges
- sliced green onions
Start by thawing 1 pound of extra large shrimp. Once thawed, spread them out on one half a of clean kitchen towel and then use the other half to throughly pat dry.
Transfer the shrimp to a bowl and season with 1 tablespoon of southwest seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder.
Toss well to coat.
Add 10 ounces broccoli slaw to a bowl with 1/2 cup cilantro lime avocado dressing or more depending on your preference.
Toss well until coated, adding more dressing as needed.
Preheat your air fryer to 400°.
Meanwhile, preheat a small skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
Once preheated, add the shrimp to your air fryer basket in an even layer. Lightly spray with the olive oil spray and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until opaque and fully cooked.
Meanwhile, quickly pan toast corn shells in a skillet over medium to medium high heat. I don’t time this, it’s just a few seconds per side in a really hot pan. You want them toasty but still malleable. Keep them warm by wrapping in a clean kitchen towel.
Once the shrimp is cooked and smelling amazing…
Transfer them to a cutting board and give them a rough chop.
Divide the slaw among the warm toasty corn shells, add in some of the chopped shrimp, drizzle with a little buffalo sauce and top with desired toppings like sliced or diced avocado, pickled red onions, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
What To Serve With Buffalo Cilantro Lime Tacos:
These are so delicious and satisfying, they’re great all by themselves however here are a few things that you could serve these shrimp tacos with..
- cilantro lime rice! Choose between traditional white rice or cauliflower rice.
- mexican sweet corn cake
- honcho chopped salad
- ice cold beer or margaritas!
How To Store Leftover Buffalo Cilantro Lime Tacos:
I store everything in separate containers. Therefore making it easier to reheat the shells and shrimp without warming up the cold components.
Leftovers should last 3 to 4 days.
Buffalo Cilantro Shrimp Tacos
- 12 white corn tortillas
- 1 pound shrimp, thawed if frozen
- extra light olive oil spray, or avocado oil spray
- 1 tablespoons southwest seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 10 ounces broccoli slaw, I like Mann's Power Blend
- 1/2 cup cilantro lime avocado dressing, more or less to preference
- 6 tablespoons buffalo sauce, more or less to preference
- sliced avocado
- pickled red onions
- lime wedges
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with southwest seasoning and chipotle powder until coated evenly.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli slaw with cilantro lime dressing. (Alternatively, when ready to serve, you could add the slaw to the toasted shells and drizzle a little of the dressing over top.)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°. Meanwhile, preheat a small skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Once your air fryer is preheated, add the shrimp in an even layer and lightly mist with olive oil or avocado oil. Air fry the shrimp for 7 to 8 minutes or until opaque and fully cooked.When the shrimp are cooked, transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, toast the corn shells until lightly golden on each side. Keep warm in a clean kitchen towel.
- Fill each of the toasted corn shells with some of the slaw, shrimp and top with buffalo sauce and any optional toppings (see notes).
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!