Have a taco party with these Vegan Chorizo and Crispy Potato Tacos! Homemade, vegan chorizo crumbles and crispy Yukon gold potatoes are tucked into corn tortillas and topped with minced white onion and fresh cilantro. A simple and delicious way to taco!
You guys, I’m so absolutely in love with these vegan chorizo crumbles I shared on Monday. Did you see them? Did you make them? I loved them SO much in fact that made a second batch and popped it in the freezer to enjoy at a later date. Because TACOS! Spicy vegan chorizo and crispy potatoes to be excact.
I quickly roasted some buttery tender Yukon gold potatoes and added them to warmed vegan chorizo crumbles and tucked away in crispy corn taco shells. TO.DIE.FOR. Then I top them with diced raw white onion and fresh cilantro, salsa and (although not vegan) this leftover garlicky greek yogurt sauce was epic together.
The ingredients are simple, however the flavor is out of this world. These tacos haunt my dreams. In a good way and I love it.
To Make These Vegan Chorizo and Crispy Potato Tacos You Will Need:
- homemade vegan chorizo crumbles
- Yukon gold potatoes
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- corn tortillas
- any toppings like white onion, cilantro, lime and salsa
The ingredients are simple, making these tacos super easy and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
First, preheat your oven to 400°. Meanwhile, dice 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes into bite-size pieces about 3/4-inch or so. Toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with a couple pinches of kosher salt and some freshly ground black pepper on a rimmed metal baking sheet. Roast on the bottom rack of your preheated oven for 10 minutes. Then remove and rotate the pan and move it to the middle rack to finish baking for another 8 to 10 minute or until the potatoes are tender and edges are crispy.
Allow the potatoes to cool slightly before trying to remove them from the pan. Potatoes tend to stick to the pan until they have cooled.
Next, place 3 cups of the vegan chorizo crumbles in a large skillet along with the crispy Yukon gold potatoes.
Heat on medium-low until warm.
For the white corn tortillas, simply toast in a dry skillet
Enjoy! And if you give this Vegan Chorizo and Crispy Potato Tacos recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Vegan Chorizo and Crispy Potato Tacos
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 3 cups meatless chorizo crumbles
- 12 soft white corn taco shells
- 1 white onion, diced
- cilantro, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Meanwhile, dice the potatoes into bite-size pieces about 3/4-inch or so. Toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper on a rimmed metal baking sheet.
- Roast on the bottom rack of your preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and rotate the pan and then move it to the middle rack to finish baking for another 8 to 10 minute or until the potatoes are tender and edges are crispy. Allow the potatoes to cool slightly before trying to remove them from pan.
- Place the vegan chorizo in a skillet, add the potatoes and heat on medium-low until warmed through.
- Heat a dry skillet [I use cast iron] on medium to medium high heat. Add one white corn tortilla at a time and cook until golden in spots on one side. Transfer to a plate and repeat. This happens quickly so don't walk away at any time. I only toast one side to keep them pliable. For extra crispy tortillas, cook on both sides.
- Fill the tortillas with the chorizo mixture and top with dice white onion, minced cilantro and any other toppings your heart desires. (see note)
- Note: Although not vegan, I do like to top my tacos with this garlic yogurt sauce. SO good.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Leave a Reply