Prep your breakfast with this Turkey Taco Breakfast Scramble! A filling breakfast of crispy potatoes, turkey taco meat and scrambled eggs are topped with cheese, salsa and plain greek yogurt. A delicious way to start your day. Makes 4 servings in about 30 minutes.
What keeps me from reaching for a bagel is having breakfast already made and waiting to be reheated. Sometimes I warm up dinner leftovers and sometimes I make mini frittatas. There is just something about waking up, enjoying a cup of coffee and knowing that a breakfast of crispy roasted potatoes, fluffy scrambled eggs and turkey taco meat is already made and waiting for me.
I hope it’s not too soon for another turkey recipe? However, just to be clear, this is not a thanksgiving leftover post but a fun and flavorful meal prepped breakfast. A recipe that I loved reheating and eating every morning this week.
And it’s a filling breakfast that will keep you satisfied longer than any bagel ever could.
To Make This Turkey Taco Breakfast Scramble You Will Need:
- taco seasoning
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- extra-lean turkey
- plain (non-fat) greek yogurt
- green onions
For meal prep, you will need four 3-cup storage containers.
Preheat your oven to 400℉ (or 200℃) and position a rack in the the lower third of your oven.
On a rimmed, metal baking sheet, add 1 pound diced baby potatoes, 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning and a few shakes of cayenne pepper.
Toss well to coat. There’s salt in the taco seasoning, so you don’t need to worry about adding it.
Next crack the eggs into a large bowl, whisk to combine and cook in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until scrambled, stirring every so often. About 5 to 8 minutes.
Next divide the crispy taco seasoned potatoes and scrambled eggs among the 4 dishes.
Then divide the turkey taco meat and top the eggs with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese.
To make the turkey taco meat, I just added 99% fat free ground turkey to a non-stick skillet, breaking it into crumbles and cooking it over medium heat until no longer pink and fully cooked. Then I measured and added 1-1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning and stirred until combined.
Next, into a small cup, measure 1 tablespoon each of greek yogurt. To that, add a tablespoon of your favorite salsa into small cups and seal with a tight-fitting lid.
Then nestle the cups into each container, sprinkle with sliced green onions and tuck in a few sprigs of cilantro. Once everything has cooled down, secure the lid and that’s it!
When you’re ready to reheat, simply remove the cilantro and salsa/yogurt cup and microwave until hot. Then add the salsa, yogurt and torn cilantro leaves, toss and devour!
Turkey Taco Breakfast Scramble
FOR THE POTATOES:
- 1 pound baby potatoes, diced small
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
FOR THE TACO TURKEY:
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey, 99% fat free
- 1½ tablespoon taco seasoning
FOR THE MEAL PREP:
- 8 large eggs, scrambled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons non-fat Greek Yogurt, unsweetened
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400℉ (or 200℃) and position a rack in the the lower third of your oven.
- Add diced potatoes to a rimmed, metal baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with taco seasoning and (if using) cayenne pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, rotating halfway through. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground turkey on medium-heat until no longer pink. Add in 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Whisk eggs, season with salt and pepper if desired and cook in a nonstick skillet until fluffy.
- Divide the potatoes, scrambled eggs and turkey taco meat among four, 3-cup storage containers and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, measure 1 tablespoon each sour cream and salsa into small cups (with lids).
- Top eggs with 1 tablespoon cheese and sprinkle each bowl with green onions and add a few cilantro sprigs. Nestle the sealed cups into each of the dishes and secure the lid and refrigerate.
- To reheat, remove salsa, yogurt and cilantro. Microwave the eggs, turkey and potatoes uncovered until heated through. About 1 to 2 minutes, stirring in between.
- Top with salsa, greek yogurt and torn cilantro.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!