Everything Plus the Bagel Chex Mix! There’s no skimping on the bagels in this simple and flavor snack mix. Everything you love about the classic with the added bonus of extra bagel chips and homemade everything seasoning.
Chex mix is a classic snack.
It’s as addictive as it is looks and is perfect for any type of gathering. Like most people, we’re staying in this year. I’m making all kinds of snacks, apps and what I’m most excited for is putting together a charcuterie board. It’ll be a smorgasbord of sorts.
Most likely we will pull out some boardgames or play cards either way it will be a fun way to end 2020.
As you guessed, this Chex mix will be one of the many things we’ll be grazing on. It’s semi-homemade which makes this simple and easy to throw together.
To Make This Everything Plus The Bagel Chex Mix You Will Need:
- unsalted butter
- Worcestershire (store bought or homemade)
- everything (but the bagel) seasoning
- all-purpose season salt
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- plain bagel chips
- corn Chex cereal
- rice Chex cereal
- wheat Chex cereal
- sourdough pretzel nuggets
- lightly salted roasted peanuts
Preheat your oven to 250°.
In a saucepan melt; 10 tablespoons butter, 2-1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire, 2 tablespoons everything seasoning, 2 teaspoons seasoning salt, 1/2 each teaspoon garlic powder and onion powder. Heat on low until the butter is melted, whisking to combine.
In a large bowl or deep-sided half sheet cake pan (got this at Target last year) measure and add 2 generous cups broken plain bagel chips, 3 cups each corn, rice and wheat Chex cereal, 2 cups sourdough pretzel nuggets and 1 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts.
Toss to combine.
Pour in all that liquid, buttery goodness all over top.
Toss and keep tossing until thoroughly combined.
I mean, if you want to taste test it, go right on ahead.
Now bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes. Your home should be smell ah-mazing at this point.
Once baked, divide the everything plus the bagel Chex mix among 2 paper towel lined baking pans to cool completely.
Rarely do we wait for it to cool, we start snacking from the trays immediately.
This chex mix is everything.
Everything Plus the Bagel Chex Mix
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-1/2 tablespoons worcestershire, store bought or [homemade]
- 2 tablespoons [everything seasoning]
- 2 teaspoons [all-purpose season salt]
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 (generous) cups plain bagel chips, broken
- 3 cups corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cup sourdough pretzel nuggets
- 1 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 250°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan and butuer, worcestershire, everything seasoning, season salt, garlic and onion powder. Heat over low, whisk until the butter is melted.
- In a deep-sided half sheet cake pan measure and add bagel chips, cereal, pretzels and peanuts. Use a spatula to toss and combine.
- Pour the butter mixture over top and toss well to combine.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 mintues.
- Once baked, divide the mix among 2 paper towel lined rimmed baking sheets. Cool completely.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!