BBQ Chicken Naan Pizzas make dinner easy. Naan is spread with sweet barbecue sauce and topped with chicken, red onion and cheddar jack before baking until golden brown. Serves 4 in about 35 minutes.
It’s Friday. You (like me) have cooked all week and most likely don’t want to make anything complicated. When I’m in lazy cooking mood, my go-to recipe is naan pizzas.
As you know, this blog is no stranger to naan pizzas. In a pinch, naan is the perfect vessel for your favorite pizza toppings. The bottom gets nice and crisp (with little to no flop!) and is the perfect thickness, not too thick nor too thin.
To Make These BBQ Chicken Naan Pizzas You Will Need:
- naan bread – I like the roasted garlic variety, but any will do! You can even make homemade!
- sweet barbecue sauce
- shredded cheddar jack cheese – never use pre-shredded cheese because it doesn’t melt as good.
- chopped cooked chicken – I like thighs, but use what you’ve got.
- cooked and chopped bacon
- half a red onion
Preheat your oven to 400°.
Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet and lay down two of the naan bread. Spoon desired amount of sweet barbecue sauce over top.
Spread it evenly, leaving roughly a 1/2 inch edge.
Top each pizza with some of the cheese, chopped cooked chicken, bacon, red onion and a little extra cheese. Drizzle with a little extra of the barbecue sauce before slipping the pizzas onto the middle rack of your preheated oven.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edge is golden and crisp. Sprinkle with minced cilantro before slicing and serving.
Oh so good! and cheesy!
For More Naan Pizza Recipes Click Here!
BBQ Chicken Naan Pizzas
- olive oil spray
- 4 slices naan
- sweet barbecue sauce
- 2 cups cheddar jack cheese, shredded
- 1½ cup chicken, leftover, grilled, roasted or rotisserie (see notes)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until slightly crispy, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced vertically
- cilantro, chopped, for serving (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400° and lightly spray 2 rimmed metal baking sheets with olive oil spray.
- Place 2 naans per pan and spoon a desired amount of barbecue sauce on top. Spread evenly, leaving a 1/2 border or edge.
- Top each one with a little cheese, chicken, bacon and more cheese.
- Drizzle with a spoonful or more of the barbecue sauce over top before baking each pan on the middle rack for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and crust is golden.
- Sprinkle with minced cilantro before serving.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!