Blueberry Lemonade Spritzers

Today is a very special day. A day where a group of us bloggers round up some fancy-schmancy delicious and tasty goodies to celebrate the future nuptials of Mr. & Mrs. Country Cleaver… aka Megan and Ben!

SURPRISE MEGAN! It’s your very own virtual wedding shower!

Now every wedding shower, virtual or not, calls a refreshing bevy. Agree? So I wanted to share with you all my newest favorite drink. It calls for fresh blueberries, fresh lemons and tastes just as it should with a little fizzy action that’ll tickle your nose.

I also had a batch of that wine simple syrup left over from this recipe so I’d serve it off to the side for those of who wanted a little oomph to their spritzer. A couple tablespoons of that and it adds a little sweetness, a little wine-ness and a whole lotta warm-cheeky-ness. It’s lovely… but totally optional. You could always swizzle in a little sugar and stir to dissolve if you want it sweeter just minus the wine.

Cheers & best of luck to Megan and Ben! I hope your wedding day is filled with sunshine, laughter and love! Much love to you both!

Cheers to the happy couple!

Now here is what else you’ll find on the virtual menu!

Appetizers:

Deviled Eggs – Three Ways by Heather / Farmgirl Gourmet

Cheesy Edamame Crostini by Gina / Running to the Kitchen

Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Puffs by Kirsten / Comfortably Domestic

Easy Bacon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups by Tina / My Life as a Mrs.

Sausage & Red Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms by Rachel / Baked by Rachel

Eton Mess Shooters by Kathryn / London Bakes

Mini Cherry Pies  by Julie / Table For Two

Summer Strawberry Jello Pie by Lauren / Lauren’s Latest

Red Velvet Ice Cream Cupcakes by KimBee / Cravings of a Lunatic

Good For You Bars by Kat / Tenaciously Yours

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries by Mads / La Petite Pancake

Be sure to stop by and check out these tasty recipes!

*ps* the step-by-step coming your way soon!

Blueberry Lemonade Spritzers

Summer in a glass. Literally.

Yield: 10-12 small glasses

2 cups Fresh Blueberries

1 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice

3-4 pieces of Lemon Peel {avoid getting any of the white pith on the peel}

6 cups Club Soda or Seltzer

1 recipe for Wine Simple Syrup {optional}

Add the blueberries along with the lemon peel and juice to a saucepan.

Bring to a boil and simmer until the berries just begin to soften and burst.

Remove the lemon peel and carefully spoon in the berries and juice into a food processor.

Puree until smooth and then strain through a mesh strainer into a large bowl or measuring cup and discard the solids.

Slowly add in the club soda and stir.

Add ice cubes to glasses and add a couple tablespoons of the wine syrup {if using}. Pour blueberry lemonade over top and stir before serving.

Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.

27 Responses to “Blueberry Lemonade Spritzers”

Poetesswug — August 1, 2012 at 10:04 am

WOW! I’m new here, so I don’t know Megan and Ben…yet!…but how nice to get invited to a bridal shower the day after me and my hubby celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary! :-) Megan and Ben, may you have as many happy moments, with moments turning into days, and days turning into years, as me and my ‘Boo’ have had! :-)

Kathryn — August 1, 2012 at 10:42 am

This drink sounds wonderful! I’m so happy that you brought it along to this party!

• simplyscratch replied: — August 1st, 2012 @ 1:19 pm

Thanks Kathryn!

Rachel — August 1, 2012 at 12:19 pm

This looks delicious – I’m always looking for good new drink recipes.

NanaBread (Jeanne) — August 1, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Your timing is perfect on these! Megan just posted blueberry lemon donuts yesterday, and now you post the perfect cocktail for her. She’s going to love these. And with our south Texas heat, I’m going to have to mix up a batch very soon. Cheers to Megan & Ben!

• simplyscratch replied: — August 1st, 2012 @ 1:19 pm

That’s so funny because that is EXACTLY what I thought! :)

Julia {The Roasted Root} — August 1, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Awww I just adore Megan! This was really sweet of you guys to put together! Such nice friends!

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — August 1, 2012 at 2:08 pm

If this were a real shower, it’d be the best one ever. That menu sounds so delicious.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — August 1, 2012 at 2:09 pm

These sound so refreshing!

Kim Bee — August 1, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Okay it’s recipes like this one that make me wish we all lived close enough to do this in person. I love your spritzers. The color is stunning. Love the condensation on the glasses. Makes me want to reach right in the screen and grab a glass.

Kirsten/Comfortably Domestic — August 1, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Lemons and Blueberries were made for each other–just like Megan and Ben! Perfect beverage to get this shower started, Laurie. Cheers!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — August 1, 2012 at 3:46 pm

funnnnn! what a delicious drink to kick things off!

Mads — August 1, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I was wondering what to do with all of those lemons in my fridge. This drink sounds like the perfect summer treat!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — August 1, 2012 at 4:21 pm

You guys are so cute! And yes, a refreshing drink is definitely needed! I think I have all the ingredients on hand so I can actually make this today! (love when that happens)

Lauren @ Part Time House Wife — August 1, 2012 at 4:25 pm

What an adorable Idea!!! I’ll keep you all posted when I’m ready for a baby shower or something ;-)

Kari@Loaves and Dishes — August 1, 2012 at 4:36 pm

What a fun shower! This spritzer looks pretty and sounds refreshing. I just adore blue berries and lemons!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — August 1, 2012 at 5:27 pm

What a gorgeous color!! This sounds like the perfect drink for any occasion!

Julie @ Table for Two — August 1, 2012 at 5:43 pm

omggg they’re just so freaking adorable!! i love the colors and flavors of this spritzer, Laurie!! Thank you so much for bringing your awesomeness to this party and participating!! xoxo

Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet — August 1, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I want a glass of this spritzer right now. It is absolutely gorgeous Laurie! Amazing.

xo
    Heather

Cassie — August 1, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Yum, I just love this Laurie! Spritzers are perfect for celebrating too!

Michelle — August 2, 2012 at 12:57 am

oh i need to sip that!!! looks so refreshing and cheerful for the event! the blueberry color really popped!

Kat — August 2, 2012 at 2:01 am

Oh Lord. Forget what’s even in the drink, that glorious glass is so beyond beautiful – the color is killing me. We would have had so much fun with this IRL! XO

Amber {Sprinkled With Flour} — August 2, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Loving this concoction! Makes me wish you did my bridal shower. :)

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — August 2, 2012 at 3:58 pm

This looks like perfect drink for any summer party! Love the color and the addition of wine simple syrup – oh yeah! Love the event you guys put together for Megan!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — August 2, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Blueberry Lemonade… my favorite beverage of choice. Perfect for a bridal shower, live or virtual. :)

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — August 3, 2012 at 12:17 am

How about that color?! Just gorgeous! I will take a whole pitcher, please! :)

Carrian Cheney — August 3, 2012 at 1:15 am

I love weddings! So cute!!! Beautiful drink too. It’s harder to plan pretty drinks.