Homemade seasoned fries, potatoes cut into wedges, seasoned and baked until crispy. Perfect with burgers or cover with chili and cheese. SO good!
If I had to pick my favorite fast food French fries, I would have to pick A&W’s seasoned fries. Crispy, well seasoned, and fried and extremely bad for me. These oven fries are my healthier version of those.
This “A&W” copy cat recipe well kinda just happened by accident. It was the kind of thing where I closed my eyes, crossed my fingers and prayed they would turn out.
To Make These Seasoned Fries You Will Need:
- russet potatoes
- garlic infused olive oil
- season salt
- black pepper
Russet Potatoes LOVE THEM! You’ll wanna scrub those spuds super good to get the dirt off. Cut in half lengthwise and then each half into four spears. The safe way is by placing the potato flat side down and angling your knife and slicing inward towards the cutting board.
Does that make sense? Sometimes I’m not that good at explaining. :/
Throw the spears in to a large bowl.
Drizzle with enough garlic olive oil to coat all the spud spears.
Spud spears, speared spuds, spead surds… crap. lol
Toss, and toss it well. 😉
Measure a tablespoon of the season salt.
And toss it onto the potatoes.
Grind some fresh black pepper over top. I make them extra peppery for Pat.
Toss it again, and not with a spoon… believe me your hands will work the best in this case.
Spread out onto a baking sheet.
Roast these in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until done. Don’t try to toss them if they are a little stuck to the pan (using tinfoil would have helped a lot). But if you let them cool a bit before trying to lift them it will be easier to get them off the pan. Then after flipping just toss them back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
These were a total hit for this family!
I loved them, my husband loved them and (the true test) my girls loved them! These delicious seasoned fries have a crispy exterior and soft fluffy interior and will surely be a hit at your dinner table as well! Enjoy!
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose season salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Start by cutting the potatoes in half lengthwise and then each half into four spears.
- The safe way is by placing the potato flat side down and angling your knife and slicing inward towards the cutting board.
- Next toss in a large bowl with garlic olive oil, seasoned salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Place on a sheet pan (lined with foil or parchment for easier cleaning) and roast in a preheated 425° oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bottom is crispy and the tops are golden.
- Let cool for 15 minute before trying to remove from pan, and then place back into the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with ketchup.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!