Homemade Seasoned Steak Fries are so simple and delicious! Russet potatoes cut into wedges, seasoned and baked until crispy. Perfect with burgers or cover with chili and cheese. Serves 4.
Who doesn’t love french fries?
If I had to pick my favorite fast food French fries (besides McDonald’s because those will always be number 1), I would have to pick A&W’s seasoned fries. Crispy, fried, well seasoned and extremely bad for me. These oven fries are my healthier version of those.
It’s as easy as cutting russet potatoes into wedges, seasoning them in oil, my homemade all-purpose season salt and freshly ground pepper before spreading them out onto a lined pan and sending into a hot oven.
These come together quickly and I guarantee the whole family will love them!
To Make These Seasoned Fries You Will Need:
- russet potatoes – The best potato for making French fries (in my opinion).
- avocado oil – Or use any neutral oil made for high temperature cooking/roasting. (like grapeseed or sunflower oil)
- season salt – This is my version of Lawry’s season salt.
- black pepper – This will add some subtle bite and flavor.
Preheat your oven to 425° and line a rimmed metal baking sheet with parchment.
You’ll wanna scrub the potatoes well to get the dirt off. Cut in half lengthwise, then each half in half again and then into 3 to 4 spears. One potato should give you about 12 spears.
You don’t want any overly thin fries as they will over cook and burn in the oven.
Throw the spears in to a large bowl.
Drizzle with 2 tablespoons avocado oil to coat all the potatoes.
Measure 1 tablespoon of the season salt and some freshly ground black pepper over top. I like to make make them extra peppery for Pat.
Toss it one last time.
Spread out onto a parchment-lined, rimmed metal baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
After the first 25 minutes, carefully turn watch fry. The parchment paper makes these easy to turn because they won’t stick.
Return the pan back to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes more – this will just depend on their thickness.
Serve with ketchup or fry sauce and watch them disappear! These delicious seasoned fries have a crispy exterior and soft fluffy interior and will surely be a hit at your dinner table as well!
These can be reheated in an air fryer. Simply preheat your air fryer to 270°, add the fries to your basket with a light spray of ghee or olive oil and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, shaking the basket half way through or until crispy and hot.
- Make them cheesy! Add 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan or pecorino Romano cheese or 1 to 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast if vegan.
- Play with the spices! Instead of all-purpose season try using a different one of my homemade spice blends!
- 1½ pounds medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose season salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425° and line a rimmed metal baking sheet with parchment.
- Start by cutting the potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut each half in half again and then into 3 to 4 spears or wedges.You don't want any overly thin fries as they will over cook and burn in the oven.
- Add the wedges into a large bowl and toss with oil. Measure and add the seasoned salt and fresh ground black pepper. Tossing until coated.
- Arrange in an even layer on the prepared pan and slide on the middle rack of your preheated oven. Bake for 25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Remove and carefully turn each one (using parchment paper makes this easy!) and then slide back into the oven for 5 to 10 more minutes - depending on their thickness.
- Serve immediately.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!