In this Parmesan Garlic Baked Chicken Recipe, chicken thighs and drumsticks are seasoned, baked and then topped with a parmesan garlic topping. A super simple dinner that is cozy and comforting.
I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again: I love baked chicken. Crispy flavorful skin, tender meat…usually served with mashed potatoes. You feel me? This recipe was inspired by a childhood favorite, my mom’s baked chicken, but with a herby, parmesan garlic twist.
Picture this; a perfectly seasoned, tender baked chicken drumstick (or thigh!) and that crispy flavorful skin is then topped with a basil-y garlicky parmesan topping. I mean… it’s basically what dreams are made of.
The combination of fresh and dried herbs gives this baked chicken recipe a cozy homey feel. Like a warm hug on a chilly fall day.
To Make This Parmesan Garlic Baked Chicken You Will Need:
- olive oil
- skin on, bone in chicken thighs and drumsticks
- all-purpose season salt
- fresh rosemary
- dried oregano
- dried marjoram
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- red pepper flakes
Please ignore the salt in these shots. It’s here purely by habit of adding it in most of my recipes. The season salt is salty enough and all you need.
In a small bowl combine 2 teaspoons season salt, 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary, 1 teaspoon dried oregano and 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram. Stir to combine.
Pour 1 tablespoon of oil into a 9×13 metal baking pan with high sides. Arrange the chicken and sprinkle with the seasoning blend.
Bake on the middle rack of your preheated 375° oven for 20 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and, using oven mitts, tilt the pan and spoon the pan drippings over each piece of chicken. Return the pan back to the oven and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese with 3 tablespoons minced basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 to 4 cloves minced garlic and a couple pinches of red pepper flakes.
Once the chicken has baked, remove and increase the heat of your oven to 425°. Sprinkle the parmesan garlic over top and then carefully spoon more of the pan juices over top. Slide the pan back into the oven for 5 minutes.
Ps. the yellow is from the turmeric in my homemade season salt.
Welcome to Yumsville.
I serve this with mashed potatoes or potatoes au gratin with a hearty green salad. Perfection.
Parmesan Garlic Baked Chicken
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1½ pounds chicken thighs , skin on, bone-in
- 1½ pounds chicken drumsticks, skin on, bone-in
- 2 teaspoon all-purpose season salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons basil, minced
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Drizzle light olive oil into a 9x13 metal pan.
- Trim off any excess skin away from the chicken thighs before placing them, along with the drumsticks into the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine season salt, rosemary, oregano and marjoram. Evenly sprinkle this over the chicken.
- Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove, tilt the pan (using an oven mitt) and spoon pan drippings over top of each piece of chicken. Return the pan back to the oven to continue baking for 20 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, basil and pepper flakes.
- After the chicken has baked, remove and Increase the heat to 425°. Sprinkle with the parmesan garlic mixture and continue baking for 5 more minutes.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!