Whether drizzle over pie, bread pudding or ice cream, Homemade Butter Rum Sauce has simple ingredients like; butter, sugar, heavy cream and dark rum for an incredible sauce!
The first time I made homemade butter rum sauce, it was for drizzling over cider doughnut bread pudding. Since then, I’ve spooned it over pie, baked apples and vanilla ice cream.
It’s pretty magical!
Sweet and buttery with a punch of rum. In my opinion, butter rum sauce is easier than homemade caramel, but tastes just as good and takes a fraction of the time to make.
To Make This Homemade Butter Rum Sauce You Will Need:
- light brown sugar
- heavy cream
- dark rum
- vanilla extract
- sea salt (optional)
Start by melting 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a 9 or 10-inch deep-sided skillet over medium-low heat.
Once melted, add in 3/4 cup light brown sugar. Keep whisking until the butter is completely incorporated and the sugar dissolves.
While whisking, pour in 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream.
Then remove the pan off of the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons rum and a splash of vanilla.
For a salted version, sprinkle with a pinch or two (or three) of flakey sea salt.
Now your ready for drizzling! For a thin sauce, serve warm and for a thicker sauce, allow it to cool.
Homemade Butter Rum Sauce
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dark rum
- sea salt, flaked (optional)
- In a small (9 or 10-inch) skillet, melt 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Add in 3/4 cup of light brown sugar and whisk untilt the butter incorporated, sugar dissloves and is smooth.
- Whisk while pouring in 1/3 cup of heavy cream, 2 to 3 tablespoons of dark rum and a splash of vanilla.
- Depending on your preference, keep warm on low heat or let cool to thicken it up.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!