Baked Apples are a classic fall dessert. In this recipe, Honeycrisp apples are hollowed out and filled with a cinnamon oat crumble filling and baked until piping hot and tender. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with homemade butter rum sauce! Serves 4 in an hour.
There’s nothing quite like a baked apple. The smell alone while they bake is phenomenal and the presentation is on point. Yet the fact they are so simple and taste this good, is a marvel.
Translation: these look like more work than they actually are.
Having a dinner party and want to impress? Make this recipe. Having a cozy fall-inspired meal? You need this recipe. Love apples, oats, ice cream and butter rum sauce? You know what to do.
In this recipe, a simple oat filling gets packed into hollowed out apples and baked.
It’s really that easy.
To Make This Baked Apples Recipe You Will Need:
- honeycrisp apples
- unsalted butter
- old fashioned oats
- dark brown sugar
- chopped pecans
- kosher salt
- pure vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- butter rum sauce, for serving
Preheat your oven to 350℉ (or 180℃).
Use a melon baller to scoop the hollow out the core of the apples, be careful not to pierce and go all the way through the bottom of the apple.
Use a vegetable peeler to run it around the top to give it a clean edge/opening.
Set the apples into a baking dish and set off to the side.
In a medium bowl combine the butter, sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and the vanilla.
Then add in the pecans and raisins, stir to combine.
Spoon the oat filling into the hollowed out apples, press and pack them full.
Cover the apples tightly with foil and bake on the middle rack of your oven for 40 minutes.
Remove the foil and continue bsking for 10 minuts more or until the apple is tender.
Top the warm baked apples with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle it with butter rum sauce and scatter chopped pecans over top. Unhinge your jaw and inhale. Kidding.
The best part is when you cut into the apple and the crumbly oat filling falls out and the ice cream melts into it. It’s so incredible. I hope you make this and see what I mean!
Baked Apples Recipe
- 4 medium apples, honeycrisp
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 splash pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ (or 180℃).
- Using a melon baller, remove all of the core and seeds without going through the bottom of the apple. Use a vegetable peeler to trim the opening.
- Place the apples on a oven safe baking dish and set off to the side.
- In a medium bowl combine the butter, sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and the vanilla. Then add in the pecans and raisins, stir to combine.
- Spoon the oat mixture into the apples, pressing it firmly until all the filling is used.
- Tightly cover the apples with foil and bake on the middle rack of your oven for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and continue bsking for 10 minuts more or until the apple is tender. Bake longer for a super soft apple.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle with butter rum sauce and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!