You are going to LOVE this Grilled Zucchini with Lemon, Garlic and Parmesan recipe! It’s by far the most delicious veggie I’ve had all year. And it couldn’t be any easier! Zucchinis are brushed with a simple, herbed lemon-garlic butter before grilled to perfection! Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Did you do anything amazing or cook anything scrumptious? Yesterday, Pat an I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary. SIXTEENTH.
Sunday Pat woke up early and went golfing and I spent a lazy morning reading and drinking coffee. I had a few zucchinis in the produce drawer of my fridge that I had to use up, so I made the best grilled zucchini recipe EVER. Whether it’s a side dish or meatless main dish, these are so delicious!
Trust me, your summer NEEDS this recipe. Serve it alongside fish, chicken or steak or keep it vegetarian and serve with quinoa. SO easy and super delicious!
To Make This Grilled Zucchini Recipe You Will Need:
- unsalted butter
- extra light olive oil
- lemon – zest and juice
- italian seasoning
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese
To start, melt 2 tablespoons unsalted butter with 2 tablespoon of extra light olive oil a small saucepan. Do not let the butter/oil bubble or brown.
Then add in the zest of one lemon and the juice of half.
Added a couple pinches of kosher salt (not too much because of the Parmesan you’ll add later), a few grinds of fresh black pepper and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. For some kick, try a pinch or two of red pepper flakes.
Then simply whisk to combine.
Cut the stem end off of 4 zucchini and slice in half lengthwise and place on a rimmed metal sheet pan.
Using a paring knife, cut x’s into the flesh.
Then –eek!– brush with the garlicky herbed lemon butter oil deliciousness so it can work it’s way into those x’s.
Preheat your grill to medium, once hot place it cut-side down onto the grill grates. Close the lid and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until grill marks form.
Then with the remaining butter, baste the cut side of the zucchini’s again– generously. Be sure to get the garlic, zest and spices into those cut marks.
Next sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over each of the grilled zucchinis. Then, close the lid and cook for another 2 minutes or until the zucchinis are tender and the cheese has melted.
I about died after my first bite. The herbed lemon-garlic butter works its way into the nooks and crannies of the zucchinis so you get a little lemon, a little garlic and parmesan in every bite.
Serve the grilled zucchini with steak or serve as a light vegetarian main option.
Grilled Zucchini with Lemon, Garlic and Parmesan
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 2 pinches freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium zucchinis, washed, stem trimmed and cut horizontally
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves
- Melt butter with olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Remove off of the heat and grate in the garlic and lemon zest. Next, squeeze in the juice from half a lemon and measure and add in the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place the zucchini halves onto a rimmed metal sheet pan. Using a paring knife, score x's into the flesh before brushing with the butter mixture.
- Preheat your grill to medium. Once hot, place the zucchinis onto the grill grates, cut-side down, close the lid and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until grill marks form.
- Turn, brush with the remaining butter mixture making sure the garlic, zest and herbs are worked into the score marks.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over top, cover and grill for 1 to 2 more minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately with fresh basil leaves scattered overtop.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!