This Grilled Chicken Bruschetta Pizza is fresh, cheesy and delicious! Crispy ciabatta bread topped with sliced grilled chicken, a blend of melty Italian cheeses and a super simple yet extremely flavorful tomato basil bruschetta topping. Perfect for summer! Serves 4 to 8.
Chicken. Bruschetta. Pizza.
When I think of basil I think of tomatoes and when I think of tomatoes and basil, I think bruschetta. (I mean, who doesn’t?) Because I adore bruschetta. It’s superb as an appetizer, or when spoonfuls are served over top of grilled chicken and with sliced crusty grilled bread. And it’s equally amazing when turned into a panzanella.
So why not make it into a pizza?
Needless to say, I whipped up my favorite go-to bruschetta recipe and instead of topping crispy slices of toasted bread, I used it to top a cheesy, grilled chicken and ciabatta pizza. The results? Phenomenal.
To Make This Grilled Chicken Bruschetta Pizza You Will Need:
for the chicken:
- lemon juice – Adds a touch of citrus flavor and acidity.
- avocado oil – Or substitute with extra light olive oil.
- italian seasoning – Use regular (homemade or store-bought) feel free to add paprika for some color.
- garlic powder – Adds flavor that’s sweeter yet milder than fresh garlic.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (thin-cut) – Or you can horizontally cut chicken breasts in half.
- roma tomatoes – A staple ingredient for bruschetta. Roma tomatoes are flavorful, have fewer seeds and tend to be less acidic.
- basil and parsley (fresh) – Adds a pop of green and fresh herb flavor.
- garlic – This adds distinct and punchy flavor to this dish.
- kosher salt – This is needed in order to draw out flavor.
- freshly ground black pepper – Adds some subtle bite and flavor.
- olive oil – Adds richness and flavor.
- balsamic vinegar – Lends delicious tang and acidity.
for the pizzas:
- ciabatta – Use homemade or store-bought.
- shredded italian blend of cheeses – I use a blend of mozzarella, fontina, parmesan, Romano and asiago cheeses.
- parmesan cheese – Use freshly grated for the best flavor.
- balsamic glaze – Reduced balsamic vinegar is sweet and syrupy.
Make The Chicken:
In a shallow bowl, measure and add the juice of 1/2 a lemon (about 2 tablespoons), 1 teaspoon avocado oil, 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (the one I’m using has paprika in it) and 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
Stir to combine.
Add 1 to 1-1/4 pounds thin-cut boneless skinless chicken breasts and using tongs, toss to coat evenly. Let sit for 30 minutes.
After about 15 minutes, preheat your grill to 500°.
Grilled the seasoned chicken breasts for about 3 to 4 minutes a side (depending on thickness) or until they are fully cooked. Of course if you have an indoor grill or grill pan you can certainly use those. See! It truely doesn’t have to be summer for you to enjoy this pizza.
Once grilled, transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cover with foil to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Thinly slice each chicken breast and set it off to the side.
MAKE THE BRUSCHETTA TOPPING:
Meanwhile, in a bowl combine 6 medium sized roma tomatoes that have been seeded and chopped, 2 medium cloves of garlic that has been minced, 1/4 cup of sliced fresh basil and 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley. Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Lastly, pour in in 1 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.
Stir those glorious ingredients together and let the tomatoes sit and marinate in all those bright flavors.
BUILD THE PIZZAS:
Preheat your oven to 400°.
Cut a 16 ounce loaf of ciabatta in half horizontally and divide the sliced grilled chicken over top of each one.
Divide and sprinkle with 2 cups (1 cup per half) of a shredded italian cheese blend.
Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown in spots and the bread is crispy.
Remove and while hot, immediately grate 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese over top of each pizza. Then top with spoonfuls of the tomato basil bruschetta.
Finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and a few small basil leaves (if desired), slice and serve!
Warm, cheesy chicken pizza and a cool refreshing tomato basil bruschetta is heaven for your taste buds. Serve alongside a simple arugula salad and enjoy!
Grilled Chicken and Tomato Basil Bruschetta Pizza
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or about 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil, or use extra light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 1¼ pounds thin-cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
FOR THE BRUSCHETTA TOPPING:
- 6 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
FOR THE PIZZA:
- 16 ounces ciabatta loaf, cut in half horizontally
- 2 cups grated italian cheese blend
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- balsamic glaze, for serving (optional)
MAKE THE CHICKEN:
- In a large shallow bowl, measure and add the lemon juice, olive oil, italian seasoning and garlic powder. Stir well to combine.
- Toss the thin-cut chicken breasts in the marinade until evenly coated. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, preheat your grill to 500°.
- Once preheated, grill the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes a side or until no longer pink and fully cooked. Transfer to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest until ready to use.When ready to use, thinly slice.
MAKE THE BRUSCHETTA:
- In a medium bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper. Toss together and let sit until ready to use.
MAKE THE PIZZA:
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Place the two ciabatta halves on a parchment lined, rimmed baking sheet. Divide the sliced chicken over top and sprinkle with the italian cheese blend. Bake on the middle rack for 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown in spots, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Remove and immediately top each pizza with 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan. Then add spoonfuls of the tomato basil bruschetta on top. Finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and extra small basil leaves (if desired).
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!