Grilled Chicken Bruschetta is one of the best things that has come of my grill! Flavorful grilled chicken breasts served on top of a bed of peppery baby arugula, piled with the best tomato bruschetta topping and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Serve with grilled bread.
I make dinner a lot.
And I have quite a few favorite go-to’s, but after a while, even those get a little old and tiring. On Sunday, the day I meal plan, I was going through the SS archives and saw the recipe for my grilled chicken bruschetta pizza. I instantly had visions of grilled chicken breasts on top of a bed of peppery (baby) arugula, and a tomato bruschetta topping piled high… and of course a little balsamic glaze action. Oh! And toasted bread. Of course there’s bread.
To describe this meal in one word: phenomenal. It was so SO good. The freshness factor was off the charts, I am in love and am counting down the hours until I can have the leftovers. My dreams will consist of tomatoes and basil.
Bruschetta is a lot like pico but more simple and no onions– well, at least not in my bruschetta– and with that said, I can (and have!) eat it by the spoonful. #noshameinmygame
Let’s get on with the show shall we?
To Make Grilled Chicken Bruschetta You Will Need:
for the chicken:
- chicken breasts– Pounded thin will help the chicken cook evenly.
- garlic olive oil – Adds flavor and richness.
- lemon juice – Lends acidity and freshness.
- italian seasoning – For some earthy and herbaceous flavor.
- kosher salt – This is needed in order to draw out flavor.
- freshly ground black pepper – This will add some subtle bite and flavor.
- roma tomatoes – A staple ingredient for bruschetta. Roma tomatoes are flavorful, have fewer seeds and tend to be less acidic.
- garlic – This adds distinct and punchy flavor to this dish.
- fresh basil and parsley – Adds a pop of green and fresh herb flavor.
- olive oil – Adds richness and flavor to the bruschetta.
- balsamic vinegar – Lends delicious tang and acidity.
- baby arugula – A fresh leafy green that is slightly bitter and peppery.
- grilled italian bread – A simple side and great way to enjoy extra bruschetta.
- balsamic glaze – Reduced balsamic vinegar is sweet and syrupy.
Place 4 chicken breasts that have been pounded thin into a shallow-ish bowl or plate. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of garlic olive oil, squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon over top and season with 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper.
How To Pound Chicken Breasts:
I like to place 1 to 2 chicken breasts into a gallon size re-sealable bag at a time, and using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the thickest part of the chicken breast to match the thinest part of the breast. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
Why is pounding chicken breasts thin important?
Doing this will create an even thickness so the chicken breast cooks evenly.
Toss around until coated and set the bowl off to the side to start making the most amazing bruschetta topping ever!
In a mixing bowl add 6 seeded and diced tomatoes, 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
Pour in 1 tablespoons olive oil.
And lastly, pour in 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.
Toss well to combine.
Next, preheat your grill to medium to medium to medium-high (about 500°) and grill the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes a side or until cooked through.
Remove and let rest while you grill up slices of italian bread.
Now just pile baby arugula (baby spinach would be great too!) on to a plate, top it with a tender chicken breast and spoon the bruschetta over the top.
You could even be a little extra and melt some mozzarella on top, right before they come off the grill.
Use the juice that accumulates in the bottom of the bowl to spoon over the arugula, sort of like a vinaigrette. SO. GOOD.
Serve the remaining tomato bruschetta topping in a bowl with extra grilled bread on the side.
Got dinner plans? Well you do now. Life doesn’t get much better than this.
For more grilling recipes click here.
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
FOR THE BRUSCHETTA:
- 6 small roma tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, not garlic infused
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
MAKE THE CHICKEN:
- Toss the thinly pounded chicken breast in garlic olive oil, lemon juice, italian seasoning, salt and pepper and set off to the side.
- Preheat your grill to medium/medium-high or about 500°.
- Once preheated, grill the chicken breasts for 4 to 6 minutes a side or until cooked through and no longer pink. Set a side and let rest.Meanwhile grill bread until grill marks appear.
MAKE THE BRUSCHETTA
- In a medium bowl combined the tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.This can be done in advance so the flavors have a chance to mingle.
- Divide baby arugula among plates. Place grilled chicken breast on top the arugula and spoon the bruschetta (and any juices) on top of the chicken. Drizzle chicken with balsamic glaze and serve with grilled bread.
How To Pound Chicken Breasts:I like to place 1 to 2 chicken breasts into a gallon size re-sealable bag at a time, and using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the thickest part of the chicken breast to match the thinest part of the breast. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
For the Grill Bread:Spray both sides of sliced of italian bread with olive oil and grill just until grill marks appear. I like using a grill pan for this.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!