Light and healthy, Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad has plump red grapes, crisp celery and onion and toasty pecans, dressed in a light poppyseed Greek yogurt dressing. Serves 7 (3/4 cup) servings.
I make this Greek yogurt chicken salad all.the.time.
It’s my go to lunch. My I-could-eat- this-every-day-of-my life lunch. On Sunday, I’ll slow cook a whole chicken just so I can shred the breast meat for this healthy chicken salad. Which will then last me all week long. And if it looks familiar, that’s because this is a lighter and healthier version of one of my first recipes on this blog way back in 2010. This time I swapped in some of the mayo for plain Greek yogurt, reduced the honey and it’s still just as incredibly delicious.
To Make This Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad You Will Need:
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- cider vinegar
- honey – forgot to sneak it in this shot
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- shredded cooked chicken
- red grapes
- red onion
- pecans – toasted
First things first, make the dressing. In a medium mixing bowl, measure and add 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1-1/2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon poppyseeds, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Stir well until all ingredients are incorporated.
Once combined, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
In a large bowl add; 4 cups leftover chopped cooked chicken 1 cup halved grapes, 2 short celery stalks – finely chopped (about 1/2 cup), 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans and 1/4 cup finely diced red onion.
Lastly, pour in all of the dressing.
Toss well until combined and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Light and healthy and makes for the perfect summertime lunch!
HOW TO SERVE CHICKEN SALAD:
- seedy crackers – I like Mary’s Gone crackers.
- toasted bread – Try it on croissant bread OMG.
- lettuce – Serve on or wrapped in romaine, iceberg or bibb lettuce.
- sandwich or wrap – Tuck it into a croissant, lavash or wrap of choice or in pita bread.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN SALAD:
- Fresh fruit
- chips of choice
- small cup of soup
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN SALAD:
Store leftovers in a large container or individual personal size containers with a tight fitting lid.
HOW LONG WILL CHICKEN SALAD LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
If stored properly, chicken salad can last up to 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
CLICK HERE FOR ALL MY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES!
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- kosher salt
- black pepper
FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 short celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 cup red grape, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup pecans , toasted and chopped
TO MAKE THE DRESSING:
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, mayo, honey, vinegar, poppyseed and a pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- In a large mixing bowl add; the chicken, celery, grapes, red onions, chopped pecans and dressing.
- Stir until combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!