Light and healthy, Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad has plump red grapes, crisp celery and onion and toasty pecans, dressed in a light poppyseed Greek yogurt dressing. Serves 7 (3/4 cup) servings.
I make this Greek yogurt chicken salad all.the.time.
It’s my go to lunch. My I-could-eat- this-every-day-of-my life lunch. On Sunday, I’ll slow cook a whole chicken just so I can shred the breast meat for this healthy chicken salad. Which will then last me all week long. And if it looks familiar, that’s because this is a lighter and healthier version of one of my first recipes on this blog way back in 2010. This time I swapped in some of the mayo for plain Greek yogurt, reduced the honey and it’s still just as incredibly delicious.
To Make This Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad You Will Need:
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- cider vinegar
- honey – forgot to sneak it in this shot
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- shredded cooked chicken
- red grapes
- red onion
- pecans – toasted
First things first, make the dressing. In a medium mixing bowl, measure and add 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1-1/2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon poppyseeds, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Stir well until all ingredients are incorporated.
Once combined, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
In a large bowl add; 4 cups leftover chopped cooked chicken 1 cup halved grapes, 2 short celery stalks – finely chopped (about 1/2 cup), 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans and 1/4 cup finely diced red onion.
Lastly, pour in all of the dressing.
Toss well until combined and refrigerate until ready to serve.
I like mine either on a bed of spring greens or tucked into boston lettuce as a wrap.
Light and healthy and makes for the perfect summertime lunch!
Enjoy! And if you give this Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- kosher salt
- black pepper
FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 short celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 cup red grape, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup pecans , toasted and chopped
TO MAKE THE DRESSING:
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, mayo, honey, vinegar, poppyseed and a pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- In a large mixing bowl add; the chicken, celery, grapes, red onions, chopped pecans and dressing.
- Stir until combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
I loved it, so good and healthy to eat! I didn’t use red onions but I added shredded carrots and avocado, very good!
Oooh I love your additions, Stacey!
I am glad I found this. I am prepping a variation on this tomorrow! Thanks for the inspiration!