What is lemony, slightly sweet and refreshing? A Lemon Shandy Refresher! This icy cold cocktail will no doubt cool you down on hot day. Serves up to 10 or keep the mix on hand for when you feel like a refreshing drink.
It’s starting to warm up out there, and what could be better than an ice cold lemon shandy after yard work – or any work really?
This recipe is so ridiculously simple. Whip up a basic simple syrup and once it’s cool, mix it into a pitcher of lemon juice and dry gin. Pour it over ice and top with beer. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a sprig mint.
This drink is great for small gatherings or keep the lemon gin mix in your fridge and pour yourself one whenever the mood strikes.
To Make These Lemon Shandy Refreshers You Will Need:
- lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- beer (preferably lager – we love Sol)
- fresh mint
First make the simply syrup. Start by adding 1/4 cup sugar plus 1/4 cup water into a small saucepan. Heat on medium high and stir until dissolved. This will happen quickly. Remove the pan off of the heat and pour simple syrup into a glass jar to cool. If making in advance, refrigerate until ready to use.
Pour 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice into a carafe or pitcher.
To that, add the chilled simple syrup and 1-3/4 cup dry gin. Stir to combine.
Fill a 12 ounce glasses to the top with ice.
Add enough of the lemon gin mix to fill the glass just under 3/4 of the way full.
Top off with beer.
Oh. My. Heavens.
Serve with a squeeze of lemon and fresh mint. The squeeze of lemon will really let the lemony flavor shine.
This is the drink you when your only plans are to chill and relax. Just cut the grass? Or came in from the sun? Make a lemon shandy refresher. It only takes minutes and it’s so fresh and delightful.
Lemon Shandy Refresher
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1¾ cup gin
- 22 ounces beer, we like Sol
- lemon wedges, for serving
- 10 sprigs mint, for garnish
- Add the sugar and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool completely before using in this recipe. Can be made in advance and refrigerated.
- Pour lemon juice into a carafe or pitcher. Add in simple syrup and gin. Stir to combine.
- Fill glasses with ice, fill just under 3/4 of the way full and top off with beer. 1 bottle should cover about 4 servings.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and a sprig of fresh mint and serve immediately.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!