Fresh Peach Salsa is refreshingly light and healthy. In this recipe, finely diced ripe peaches are tossed with tomato, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic and freshly squeezed lime juice. Yields 5 cups or serves 10 (1/2 cup) servings.
When Life Hands You Peaches You Make Fresh Peach Salsa.
In early July I had 50 pounds of peaches on my hands. It was my first time ordering from The Peach Truck and to be honest, I had no idea how much 50 pounds of peaches actually was. Turns out, it’s a lot.
Needless to say, we were up to our eyeballs of gorgeous, ripe and juicy peaches. We had them with breakfast, lunch and dinner. I froze a lot but I also made peach cobbler, crostini, and whipped up this incredible fresh peach salsa. Kind of like a peach version of pico de gallo. I personally like to serve it with tortilla chips, as a topping for fish or shrimp tacos or spoon in onto grilled salmon, pork or chicken. It’s really SO so good!
This refreshing and deliciously fresh peach salsa is perfect way to use up ripe peaches!
To Make This Fresh Peach Salsa You Will Need:
- ripe peaches – Peaches are ripe when you gently squeeze it and it gives a little.
- roma tomatoes – Roma tomatoes are flavorful, have fewer seeds and tend to be less acidic.
- red onion – Consider soaking onions in ice water removes a lot of the bite. You still get onion flavor but it mellows out considerably.
- cilantro – Lends fresh, citrusy (and to some a soapy) flavor.
- jalapeño – Adds flavor with some heat. Remove seeds and ribs for less of a kick.
- garlic – This adds distinct and punchy flavor to this dish.
- kosher salt – Enhances and draw out all of the flavors.
- lime juice – Brightens the salsa and adds a touch of lime flavor and acidity.
In a large bowl, add 3 finely diced ripe peaches, 1 (good size) seeded and diced roma tomato, 1/2 a minced red onion, 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, 2 cloves minced garlic and 1 small jalapeño that is finely diced.
Do I Need to Peel Peaches For fresh Peach Salsa?
That’s a personal preference. I like to leave the peach skin on because it doesn’t bother me in the least plus it’s way easier and less messy.
Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
And then squeeze in the juice of 1 small juicy lime.
Toss to combine.
Scoop into a bowl and serve with tortilla chips or enjoy however you prefer!
How To Store Peach Salsa:
Peach salsa is best when eaten the day it’s made or within 2 to 3 days as the peaches tend to break down even more as it sits.
Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
How Long Will Fresh Peach Salsa Last?
If stored in an air-tight container, this peach salsa should last up to 3 days.
Ways To Enjoy Fresh Peach Salsa:
- Scoop with your favorite tortilla chips.
- Spoon over grilled chicken, pork, seafood or favorite plant-based protein.
- Use as a topping on fish or shrimp tacos.
Fresh Peach Salsa Variations:
- Add a small diced avocado for an avocado peach version.
- Make it extra spicy by swapping half (or whole if you live on the wild side) a seeded and diced habanero.
- Dislike tomatoes? Make it extra peachy by swapping 1 peach for the tomato.
- Want more crunchy texture? Add 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper.
Fresh Peach Salsa
- 3 large peaches, pitted and finely diced (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 roma tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced (more or less to preferece)
- 1 small jalapeño, minced (seeds and ribs removed for less heat)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 small (juicy) lime, juiced
- In a large mixing bowl, add finely diced peaches, tomato, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño and garlic.
- Season with salt and squeeze the lime juice over top.
- Toss well to combine and serve.
How To Store Peach Salsa:Peach salsa is best when eaten the day it's made or within 2 to 3 days as the peaches tend to break down even more as it sits. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
How Long Will Fresh Peach Salsa Last?If stored in an air-tight container, this peach salsa should last up to 3 days. See the bottom of the blog post for ways to enjoy and fun variations for this fresh peach salsa!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!