These Summer Shrimp Tacos are the perfect light meal on a hot day. Warm corn tortillas are filled with shredded cabbage, chipotle shrimp, avocado and a fresh peach salsa. Serves 4 or about 2 tacos per person.
This Summer Has Been Hot.
I’m not complaining because in Michigan, you never know what kind of summer weather you will get. But with these high summer temps comes the lack of wanting to stand over something hot and cook. And this quick and easy shrimp taco with peach salsa recipe is the perfect light and healthy meal.
Delicious, fast and fresh. What more could you want?
To Make These Summer Shrimp Tacos You Will Need:
- avocado oil – Or use any oil with a high smoking point.
- shrimp – Peeled, deveined shrimp with tails off work best for this recipe.
- chipotle powder – Lends a smoky and earthy flavor.
- onion powder – For bold oniony flavor.
- garlic powder – Gives a garlic flavor that’s sweeter yet milder than fresh garlic.
- smoked paprika – Lends color and smoky flavor.
- soft corn shells – Either white or yellow will work.
- green cabbage – Thinly sliced or finely shredded. Use pre-shredded to save on time.
- sliced avocado – Adds richness and creaminess.
- peach salsa – A flavorful topping that works well with shrimp.
- lime wedges – Squeeze over top of tacos for extra flavor.
- hot sauce – Add a few dashes to your tacos or some extra spice.
In a 10-inch or larger sauté pan, add 1 tablespoon avocado oil and preheat on medium-high.
Meanwhile roughly chop 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp (with tails off) and add to a bowl with 1 teaspoon chipotle powder, 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon each onion power and smoked paprika.
Toss to combine.
Once the oil is hot, add in the seasoned shrimp.
Stir and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through and opaque.
Reduce heat and warm shells in the same skillet. Draining any excess liquid out of the pan first.
Fill the corn shells with some of the shredded cabbage and cooked shrimp, top with sliced avocado and a couple spoonfuls of the fresh peach salsa.
And if you avoid corn, try tossing the cabbage with chopped romaine and enjoy this as a salad.
Enjoy! And if you give this Summer Shrimp Tacos recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Summer Shrimp Tacos
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, or oil with a high smoke point
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails off. Thawed if frozen and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 soft corn shells
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- peach salsa, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
- hot sauce, for serving
- In a 10-inch or larger sauté pan, add avocado oil and preheat on medium-high.
- Add chopped shrimp to a bowl and season with chipotle powder, garlic powder, onion power and smoked paprika. Toss well to coat.
- When the oil is hot and shimmering, carefully add in the seasoned shrimp.
- Stir and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through and opaque.
- Reduce heat and warm shells in skillet the same skillet. Draining any excess liquid out of the pan first.
- Fill shells with some shredded cabbage and cooked shrimp, top with sliced avocado and peach salsa.
- Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce or any other desired toppings.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
so good! I made a mango salsa to go with it and it was a hit! Will definitely be making again.
I made this tonight for dinner and it was delicious! My husband said it was the best thing to come out of my kitchen since he could remember, lol. 🙂 Thanks for a great and easy recipe.
I forgot to rate recipe, sorry!
Been a while since I left a comment, but this is an AWESOME summer dish. Wife and I loved it sooooo much! The peach salsa is so soo good!!!