Crispy Potato Wedges are the perfect side dish. Russet potatoes are cut into wedges and tossed in olive oil, an incredible seasoning blend and pecorino Romano before roasting. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
My mission was to create the most delicious potato wedges.
A while ago, after getting less than crisp potato wedges from a popular wing place, I was determined to do better – and I think I’ve succeeded. The recipe is simple. Ingredients are minimal. And the result is phenomenal. The secret is smaller russet potatoes and a hot oven.
I’ve served them next to wings, steak or as an appetizer with a spicy fry sauce. There’s really no wrong way to enjoy them.
To Make These Crispy Potato Wedges You Will Need:
- small russet potatoes
- olive oil
- all-purpose seasoning salt
- parsley (dried)
- black pepper
- pecorino romano – freshly grated
Preheat your oven to 425° and line a rimmed, metal baking sheet with parchment paper.
Scrub your potatoes well and pat dry before cutting into eighths.
I like to use smaller russets because I find them more manageable and, in my opinion, crisp up better.
Transfer the potato wedges to a large bowl and add 3 tablespoons extra light olive oil.
Next, measure and add in 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning salt. I make my own, but Lawry’s makes something similar. Then add in 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper and 1/4 cup pecorino Romano cheese.
Toss well until the potatoes are coated.
On your prepared pan, arrange the potato wedges in an even layer. Slip the pan onto the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
After the 20 minutes, use oven mitts to remove the pan and then a spatula to carefully flip each wedge.
Look at that color!
After about 15 minutes, your potatoes should be crisp and smell amazing!
Serve straight out of the oven with a sprinkle of salt (if needed), extra pecorino and minced fresh parsley, if you’re feeling fancy.
These crispy potato wedges are great fresh from the oven or at room temperature. You might want to make extras, these will go fast!
Enjoy! And if you give this Crispy Potato Wedges recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Crispy Potato Wedges
FOR THE CRISPY POTATO WEDGES:
- 1½ pounds small russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into eighths
- 3 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon [all-purpose seasoning salt]
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, for serving - optional
FOR THE SPICY FRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- sriracha to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425° and line a rimmed metal baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, add potato wedges, oil, season salt, parsley, black pepper and cheese. Use a rubber spatula to toss well until coated.
- Spread the potatoes out evenly on the prepared pan and roast on the middle rack for 20 mintues.
- After 20 mintues, carefully remove and flip each potato wedge before sliding the pan back in the oven for 15 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine mayo, ketchup and the sriracha to taste.
- Before serving, taste a potato wedge and season with salt if needed. Serve the crispy potato wedges with a sprinkle of cheese. the minced parsley and dip in the fry sauce, ketchup or ranch!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Leave a Reply