Hot Caramel Apple Cider is a cozy fall beverage consisting of warm apple cider, caramel sauce and vanilla topped with whipped cream, an extra drizzle of caramel sauce and a dusting of cinnamon. Recipe serves 4 (8 ounce) mugs.
A fall hug in a mug.
Since starting college, after class on Thursdays, Mal swings by Biggby coffee and treats her self to a caramel apple cider. When she asked me to try it, of course I obliged, and oh.my.gosh was it good. Caramel-ly, apple-y and so warm and comforting. But when she mentioned it was over $7 for a 16 ounce cup 🤯 I told her I could make it for way less.
So I did!
It’s a simple as heating apple cider and caramel until steaming and stirring in vanilla. Once poured it into mugs, top with a little (or a lot) of whipped cream, caramel and a pinch of ground cinnamon.
Your new favorite fall beverage. So simple and super cozy.
To Make This Hot Caramel Apple Cider Recipe You Will Need:
- apple cider – Try to look for fresh pressed apple cider. We’re lucky and live around the corner from a cider mill.
- caramel sauce – Homemade or store-bought.
- vanilla extract – Adds warmth and enhances all of the other flavors in this recipe.
- whipped cream – Adds luscious creaminess.
- ground cinnamon – Lends a distinct warm and woodsy flavor.
- cinnamon sticks – This is totally optional for garnishing the drink.
Pour 4 cups of apple cider into a saucepan.
Pour in 4 to 6 tablespoons of caramel. I honestly, do this to taste because it’s almost impossible to screw up. So how much is up to you.
Stir and heat on medium-low until hot.
Once hot, remove and add in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Want more vanilla? Add another 1/2 to 1 teaspoon or enough to your liking.
Grab a ladle or pour into 8 ounce mugs.
Now this hot caramel apple cider is amazing, but let’s make it even better, shall we?
Add a dollop (or pipe) whipped cream on top of the hot caramel apple cider, drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with a pinch of ground cinnamon.
Hot Caramel Apple Cider
- 4 cups apple cider
- 4 tablespoons caramel, or more to taste, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup sweetened whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- 4 pinches ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Pour cider and caramel into a saucepan. Heat on medium to medium-low, stirring occasionally until hot.
- Remove off of heat and stir in vanilla.
- Divide among mugs and serve topped with whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel and pinch of ground cinnamon.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!