Cheeseburger Tortilla Pizza is a quick and healthy meal. All your favorite cheeseburger fixings top a tortilla and it all comes together in under 30 minutes.
I’m not creative when it comes to lunches.
Most days I have a chicken wrap or a salad, both of which can get old day in and day out. Rewind it to a few weeks ago when I was using leftovers from these bbq chicken naan pizzas but on a low carb tortilla – because that’s what I had on hand – and it was the crispiest thin crust “pizza”. Then I stumbled on a cheeseburger pizza recipe via Pinterest.
Which got me thinking – I should combine these two!
To Make This Cheeseburger Tortilla Pizza You Will Need:
- olive oil spray
- lean ground beef
- hamburger seasoning
Spray a 10-inch skillet with olive oil spray and add 3/4 pound lean (or extra lean) ground beef, 1/2 cup diced onion (reserving 1/4 cup for later) and 1-1/2 teaspoons hamburger seasoning.
Break into crumbles and cook until no longer pink and the onions are soft and translucent. About 10 minutes or so.
Drain off any excess fat and pour in 1/2 cup of ketchup.
Stir until combined and then pull the pan off of the heat.
Preheat your oven to 400° and lightly spray 2 rimmed metal baking sheets lightly with olive oil. Place 2 tortillas per pan and grab your saucy beef, 1 medium head romaine that has been thinly sliced, remaining diced red onions, 2 chopped (and seeded) roma tomatoes, 3/4 cup shredded cheese and 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles.
Divide and top each tortilla with the onion and meat mixture.
Sprinkle with cheese and bake on the middle rack for 9 to 10 minutes.
Rotate the pans halfway through to ensure even baking.
Once the cheeseburger tortilla pizzas are golden and the cheese has melted, top with shredded lettuce, onions, tomatoes and pickles. Extra pickles if you’re like me.😉
Cut and serve!
So quick and easy!
And can be customized to your liking or diet. For this I used low carb tortillas (they crisp up beautifully!), reduced fat cheese and 96% lean ground beef.
SO good and I love that it can be made in under 30 minutes. Delicious served with Air Fryer French fries!
Cheeseburger Tortilla Pizza
- olive oil spray
- 3/4 pound ground beef, lean or extra lean
- 3/4 cup onion, diced and divided
- 1 teaspoon hamburger seasoning
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Preheat your oven to 400° and lightly spray 2 rimmed metal baking sheets.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and add the ground beef and 1/2 cup of diced onions. Stir and brown until fully cooked and the onions tender. Drain off any fat and stir the hamburger seasoning and ketchup. Once combined, remove off of the heat.
- Divide the tortillas and the beef mixture among the two pans. Sprinkle cheese over top and bake for 9 to 10 mintues, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Top each cheeseburger pizza with shredded lettuce, tomato, pickle and remaining chopped onions before serving.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!