Roasted Garlic Guacamole

In this roasted garlic guacamole there’s a ton of roasted garlic and a few avocados, combined with lime juice, cilantro. A delicious dip for your chip!

Cinco de Mayo is upon us.

Roasted Garlic Guacamole 02 www.SimplyScratch.com

And I still have a couple recipes rollin’ in. Heck it’s always Cinco de Mayo in our house as we love Mexican food! Okay, now so far I’ve given you the beans, crispy pork, tostadas and ummm who could forget the margs? But Cinco de Mayo can’t be complete without some guac.

This simple roasted garlic guacamole is for all you garlic lovers out there, or for all you married peeps… because after a few bites of this garlic-loaded-guac you definitely won’t be landing any sort of mate in the near future. So it’s best you consume this if you already have someone sworn to love, honor and cherish you for all time. Ummm hello.. TWO heads of roasted garlic are smashed into this to make it garlicized to the max, you see what I mean right?

This dip is dope.

garlic

Grab two pretty good size heads of garlic. Pick ones that are free of any cracks, dents or suspicious spots.

chop off the top

Using a pretty sharp knife, lob off the top third of the head to expose all those purty cloves inside.

drizzle with olive oil

Place in a small oven-safe dish, drizzle with olive oil…

a little s & p

Sprinkle with a couple pinches of kosher salt and black pepper, cover with aluminum foil and roast in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes. This is my standard way to roast garlic, it’s easy and your guaranteed perfect roasted garlic jewels every time.

two big avocados

Moving on to the avocados. You’ll want to pick up two LARGE avocados… or 4 small ones. Make sure they are ripe by pressing gently… if the skin is dark-ish black color and there’s a little give when you press your good to go.

halved

Cut in half from top to bottom and remove the pit…

scoop

Armed with a spoon simply scoop out the luscious insides and plop them into a large bowl.

1 lime juiced

Squeeze in the juice of two small limes, or 1 good sized lime… enough to equal about 1/4 to 1/3 cup fresh lime juice. This will keep the avocados from oxidizing so they can stay that beautiful bright green color!

roasted

Now the garlic cloves are out of the oven… they’ve cooled a bit, you wouldn’t want to burn those fingers of  yours.

squeeze in roasted garlic

With a fork, or feel free to squeeze the garlic heads to extract all of the cloves… and throw those into the bowl with the avocados and lime juice.

mash

Mash it all up with a fork or wooden spoon. Should still be pretty chunky.

chopped cilantro

Throw in a tablespoon of chopped cilantro…

1 clove fresh galric

1 clove FRESH garlic… for ummmm freshness. FYI roasted garlic and fresh garlic taste nothing alike… promise.

pinches of kosher salt

A couple of healthy pinches of kosher salt and then just stir that all together.

Roasted-Garlic-Guacamole-www.SimplyScratch.com_-620x923

A ton of garlic… a couple of avocados, all mashed together with lime juice, cilantro for a delicious dip for your chip!

Roasted Garlic Guacamole 02 www.SimplyScratch.com

So go on… grab some corn tortilla chips… a couple lime brew-skis…

dip

…and get to dipping.

This roasted garlic guacamole is so darn amazing!

Enjoy!

Roasted Garlic Guacamole 02 www.SimplyScratch.com

Roasted Garlic Guacamole

A ton of garlic... a couple of avocados, all mashed together with lime juice, cilantro for a delicious dip for your chip!

Yield: about 1-1/2 cups

Prep Time: 5-10 minutes

Cook Time: 45 minutes {for roasting the garlic}

Total Time: 45-50 minutes

2 heads of Garlic

1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil

Kosher Salt and Black Pepper

2 large {or 4 small} Avocados

2 limes {about 1/4 cup} Freshly Squeezed lime Juice

1-2 tablespoons chopped Fresh Cilantro

1 clove Fresh Garlic, squeezed through a garlic press or minced

2 generous pinches of Kosher Salt

Corn Tortilla Chips, for serving

Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Lob off the top third of the two heads of garlic to expose all of the garlic cloves inside. Place into oven-safe dish, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a couple pinches of kosher salt and a pinch of black pepper. Cover with foil and roast for 45 minutes. Remove and let cool before handling.

Halve the avocados, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl. Squeeze in the juice from the limes and add in the cooled roasted garlic cloves {either squeeze the garlic heads over the bowl or pick out with a fork}, mash the two together until slightly chunky guacamole starts to form. Lastly add in the chopped cilantro, fresh garlic and season it with a couple pinches of salt. Stir that all together and serve along side some corn tortilla chips.

Enjoy!

25 Responses to “Roasted Garlic Guacamole”

Julia {The Roasted Root} — May 3, 2013 at 10:03 am

I could be set for life with just your refried beans and guacamole! I’ve never tried putting roasted garlic in guac and love that this would change up the flavor. SO ready for Cinco de Mayo….NOW!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — May 3, 2013 at 10:29 am

Just when I thought I couldn’t love guacamole any more… THIS. Need to make this magic immediately!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — May 3, 2013 at 10:54 am

I could not LOVE this more. Roasted garlic is always a win. Happy weekend, friend!

simi — May 3, 2013 at 11:09 am

Roasted Garlic !! yes ! am falling in love with guacamole over again

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — May 3, 2013 at 11:58 am

Dang, this looks super fabulous!! Mmmm.

Bev @ Bev Cooks — May 3, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Heaven is definitely going to need to help me.

Mr. & Mrs. P — May 3, 2013 at 3:09 pm

That roasted garlic must add so much flavor to this guacamole!!! Delicious!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — May 3, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Roasted garlic in guac?! GENIUS! I bet it brings out so much flavor!

Tieghan Gerard — May 3, 2013 at 9:24 pm

So genius!!! This is heaven in a bowl!

Sergio Anacleto — May 4, 2013 at 1:44 am

Super amazing, rosted garlic looks awesome with the avocado. This is a recipe to try and enjoy over with a great movie. Thanks a tone for this magical recipe. Hmmm I need to do this ASAP 🙂

Michelle Ritchie | Delicious Karma — May 4, 2013 at 1:49 am

OH. MY. YUM! This totally has me going! A seriously amazing-sounding combo! YUM! Had to add it to our Cinco de Mayo Pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/deliciouskarma/cinco-de-mayo

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 4, 2013 at 1:57 am

I always add such ridiculous amounts of garlic powder to my guac, I haven’t tried roasted garlic yet, but it looks like the best idea ever!

Lizzytish — May 4, 2013 at 9:38 am

Happen to have all the ingredients on hand…was FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — May 4, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I am a serious garlic lover – I am definitely making this! And I love the Bug Light with Lime in the background 🙂 My favorite way to enjoy guac is with beer!

Herbivore Triathlete — May 4, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Wow, this looks like a kick ass guacamole!

Jackie @ the Beeroness — May 4, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Beautiful! I’m such a huge fan of roasted garlic, I love that you added it to guac.

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry — May 5, 2013 at 2:06 am

Roasted garlic taste great in so many different dishes. I am gonna give this recipe a try tomorrow for Cinco De Mayo!

jane — May 5, 2013 at 10:18 am

This looks Yumeeee, must try it !

Angelina Bob — May 5, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Really innovative and worthy of praise. Its simple, its yummy and require no special treatment. I tried it last night and I was surprised to have such a unique taste. I guess I can serve this unique recipe with different foods, as it can be used to make some sort of addition to a dull recipe of mine. Thanks again for sharing your unique recipe here.

Sally @ Sallys Baking Addiction — May 5, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Just when I thought guacamole couldn’t get any better. I have to try this Laurie. So simple – I’m wondering why I’ve never tried it before!

Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes — May 6, 2013 at 12:14 am

This just looks AMAZING. Yes please to one whole bowl (do I have to share?!?!) 🙂

Kate Elizabeth — May 6, 2013 at 8:04 am

So we were literally 5 minutes away from making the guacamole for our dinner party yesterday when I thought I’d check out my Google Reader. Low and behold, this recipe popped up and I eagerly announced to my boyfriend to put the oven on and get baking some garlic bulbs.

IT WAS HEAVENLY GUACAMOLE!!

Thanks for the always delicious recipe ideas! 🙂

Kathryn — May 7, 2013 at 9:02 am

Oh yes! The addition of roasted garlic sounds incredible.

Christy — May 8, 2013 at 5:32 pm

It makes such a difference when you use all fresh ingredients in guacamole, doesn’t it? That looks delicious!

Emily — May 17, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Made this last night…it was awesome. Coupled it with a main dish of black bean and sweet potato burritos