Creamy Caesar Dressing + Caesar BLT Club Sandwich

There is just something about a creamy Caesar dressing. Drizzled all over romaine lettuce with garlicky toasted croutons with savings of Parmesan… It’s simple and classic. And as I was dreaming about how much I love this dressing and how I’d slather it on toast if I could… I had a thought. Why don’t I just do that?

Since my roof of my mouth was still healing from these sandwiches I thought I’d keep my bread away from the toaster, but toasting these sammies gives it more stability and that toasty layer of yum.

I’m now an advocate for Make Your Own Mayo. It’s not an official organization or anything… but it should be.

My base mayo recipe calls for one whole egg and one egg yolk. So get those cracked and ready to go.

Then juice half a lemon and coarsely chop your garlic and anchovies. Please please PUHLEASE don’t skimp out on the anchovy part. They give the dressing a salty-brine-y taste that can’t be substituted… in my book. If it grosses you out just pretend it’s bacon!

In a food processor add in the whole egg and extra yolk.

Teaspoon and a half of grainy Dijon mustard. Have you seen the Country Dijon on the shelf yet? A total must buy!

Then measure and add the lemon juice.

Secure the lid and turn that baby on.

In my aioli post I used grapeseed oil. But I wanted a more distinct olive-y oil flavor so for the dressing I’m using a light olive oil. Drizzle it ever so slowly, this part takes the longest and your hand may start to cramp, but you so can do it.

So above is the mayo “base”…

You don’t need the entire amount unless you are making a double batch of this dressing, so save half of it and use it another time… like on your burgers {YUM!}. If you’re stopping here then just be sure to season it with a 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt or more.

Now just add in the chopped garlic and anchovy fillets.

The Worcestershire sauce…

Parmesan cheese and lots of fresh ground black pepper. Put the lid back on and let this baby rrrrip until it’s smooth.

And there you have it! Caesar dressing bay-bee!

For these freaking AHH-mazing sandwiches you’ll need slab bacon, the dressing, lettuce, tomato and grilled turkey.

To get nice flat strips of cooked bacon and not have to stand over a pan dodging hot grease, I like to bake them in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes on a baking rack set in a sheet pan. Easy-peasy.

I also bought some turkey tenderloins, brushed them lightly with olive oil and sprinkled them with last of my Cajun seasoning. Slapped them on the grill for about 8-10 minutes and then just sliced them up. Oh and you’ll need bread too.

Slather on as much or as little of the Caesar dressing on to a slice of bread.

Top that with slices of grilled turkey.

Crispy Bacon… you see where this is going don’t you.

Tomato.

Lettuce… bread… ohhhh my.

I have no words.

Creamy Caesar Dressing + Caesar BLT Club Sandwich

This Caesar dressing is super easy and turns this BLT into a work of art!

Yield: 4-6 servings

Cajun Seasoning, to taste

Olive Oil

1 Tomato, sliced thin

Torn Romaine Lettuce Leaves

8-12 slices of a sturdy Whole Grain Bread

1 recipe for Creamy Caesar Dressing

Start by placing the whole egg and egg yolk in a mini food processor. Add the mustard and lemon juice.

Place the lid on tight and turn the processor on. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil in a thin stream.

Remove half of the mayo and reserve for another use.

To the remaining half cup of mayo in the processor add in the garlic, anchovies, Parmesan and black pepper.

Replace lid and turn on until smooth. Taste for salt {I find that depending on the anchovies will determine if you need to add more salt or none at all.}

Refrigerate until ready to use, tastes best after a couple hours in the fridge.

For the Caesar BLT Club:

Lightly brush the turkey breast tenderloins with olive oil. Sprinkle with desired amount of Cajun {or favorite seasoning of your choice} and grill over medium-high for 8-10 minutes, or until fully cooked.

Slice into medallions when the turkey has cooled slightly.

Slather one side {or both} of a slice of bread.

Top with sliced grilled turkey, bacon, tomato, lettuce and the remaining piece of bread.

Serve with your favorite potato chips and enjoy!

26 Responses to “Creamy Caesar Dressing + Caesar BLT Club Sandwich”

Kay @ The Church Cook — June 15, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Oh, yes. The condiment can make all the difference in the world! And bacon. Lots of bacon. :) Great post, Laurie.

• simplyscratch replied: — June 15th, 2012 @ 8:05 pm

Thanks Kay!

Anna @ hiddenponies — June 15, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Ok, as soon as I am not pregnant and can have that mayo I am making this! And I love the stability of toasted sandwiches but the mouth damage…ugh. Such a toss up!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 16th, 2012 @ 12:22 pm

Oh!! When are you due Anna!?

Heather (Heather's Dish) — June 15, 2012 at 3:34 pm

i need this dressing in my life ASAP. there’s really nothing like homemade dressings, which is something that i’ve thankfully found out recently. and the thought of making my own mayo makes me feel SUPER FANCY!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — June 15, 2012 at 4:30 pm

You are such a genius for using a caesar dressing for this sandwich! If only I could have this for lunch instead of the depressing turkey sandwich I have sitting in the work fridge…

Cassie — June 15, 2012 at 4:34 pm

This looks simply amazing, Laurie! So sophisticated!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — June 15, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I. Am. Dying.

Kelly — June 15, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Mmm this looks fantastic! :)

sally @ sallys baking addiction — June 15, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Amazing, Laurie! Homemade Caesar dressing is so much better than storebought. I’ve never made it myself, but my mom makes a killer version! And on top of a BLT… looks like heaven! I love all your condiments lately… the ketchup and now this! So good!!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 15th, 2012 @ 8:04 pm

Thanks Sally!!

Julie @ Table for Two — June 15, 2012 at 11:09 pm

you fancy, huh? hehe, love everything about this sandwich and the fact that it’s LOADED with bacon! i really do have to try to make that caesar salad sometime, looks really tasty!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — June 16, 2012 at 3:01 pm

This dressing sounds perfect! Have to try this!

Jennifer | Mother Thyme — June 16, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I need this dressing and this sandwich in my life! I am such a fan of homemade dressings and your are right you can’t leave out the anchovy. I tried before and it just isn’t the same.

Michelle — June 16, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I am in awe. Wow. Amazing job!

Diana — June 17, 2012 at 12:09 am

Yum.yum, that sandwich looks amazing!
    I love Caesar salad dressing, thank you so much for sharing how to do it, I’ll make it really soon!

Have a great weekend! :D

Jen @ Savory Simple — June 18, 2012 at 1:44 am

Homemade mayo is so much better, it isn’t even close. I think there should be an official organization!

Jen @ Jen's Favorite Cookies — June 20, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Wow, these look amazing! I love Caesar dressing, but I’ve never put it on a BLT before. I bet it would make the BLT even tastier. I can’t wait to try this!

Chery — June 21, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I love your blog your pictures and all your easy recipes… Greetings from Mexico!

• simplyscratch replied: — June 21st, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

Hi Chery! Nice to meet you!

Lauren {the talking kitchen} — June 22, 2012 at 5:27 am

I’ll def join your Make Your Own Mayo club, this look like the perfect meal with the sauce, meat, tomato, greens and bread. Thanks for the recipe, love all the photos!

Tara Noland — June 23, 2012 at 8:14 pm

This looks so good I am going to add it to my Mouth Watering Mondays post this Monday. Come on over to see it at http://www.noshingwiththenolands.com Cheers, Tara

Sheryn — June 26, 2012 at 5:12 am

Oh wow I’m feigning for some quality tomatoes now! This looks perfect. I have never made mayo with any part of the egg white, nor seen it made that way, how cool!

Jackie — August 11, 2012 at 4:39 am

Hi

Is there another way I could fix the tenderlons, I do not have a grill.

• simplyscratch replied: — August 16th, 2012 @ 1:18 pm

Hey there Jackie! If you don’t have a grill I’d simply sear them on each side in a hot pan and pop the pan {if it’s oven safe} into a 350 degree oven for 5-6 minutes. But if you pan isn’t safe for the oven… then I’d remove them off the pan and place them on a baking sheet and bake. Hope this helps!

Heather d — October 22, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I made this dressing today (no sandwich, just for salad). Great results!

I used my immersion blender and it was sooooooo easy. It’s my first time making mayonnaise from scratch and after hearing so many horror stories about separating and failures, I was honestly surprised how easily and beautifully this whipped up. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard that immersion blenders are much better for this kind of thing anyway.

I found the mayonnaise part to be kind of strong in the olive oil taste and bland (I know that salt still needs to be added). I think it needs more acid, and I like my mayo on the sweet side, so I will be adding some white vinegar and sugar with the salt. And maybe next time I’ll do a blend of olive and sunflower oils.

The caesar part was amazing, though! I did find it needed more acid (added 1/2 tsp more lemon juice) and more salt (about 1/2 tsp) even with 2 anchovy fillets. But wow, all of a sudden I had amazing caesar dressing right here in my kitchen! Never going back to storebought :)