Fried Egg Sandwiches

In my last post I talked about joining a co-op, and how I mainly did it for the eggs. If you have time read this blog post {foodrenegade.com} about eggs and you’ll understand why! It will tell you what eggs to get if you can’t get local, free range organic eggs and the benefits. Pretty interesting stuff!

4863303006_7f49c65a7e_o

Perfect for breakfast or lunch! This recipe is another one of my childhood favorites. Although I think my mom put ketchup on hers, I swapped that out for cheese. I’m not a huge ketchup fan, unless it is used in a recipe. But feel free to add some ketchup to yours if you like!

When I make fried egg sandwiches for my girls, they always ask if the special salt is on the eggs, which would be the Lawry’s seasoning. I don’t fry eggs without it. It’s what makes this sandwich fantastic!

*8/18/2010: SOOO exciting!! Not only was this recipe featured under “Ree Recomends” on the Tasty Kitchen website, but today it was featured on the Tasty Kitchen blog under the title/topic of  Breakfast Eggs in 20 minutes or less! This recipe is my most famous yet!!

Here is what you will need: Bread, Cheese, Eggs, Lawry’s Season Salt, Black Pepper, Butter and Olive oil.

Let’s get something straight. I have no idea why I put the whole stick of butter in this picture. You don’t need a whole stick… just a table spoon. I also forgot to put the olive oil in the picture… I must have been in some kind of hunger coma and lost all attention to detail.

Toast your bread…

…And when they ‘pop’ and are still hot, lay your slice of cheese on top to soften it up a bit. I use Colby Jack, because it gets all stringy and yummy. If I was making it for my husband I would be forced to use Kraft singles on his. Cheddar would be great too, so use which ever you prefer!

In a large pan over medium heat, add your olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.

When the pan is heated up add your eggs.

Fried egg goodness!

Sprinkle with Lawry’s and black pepper.

I like my egg yolks on the runny side but the whites have to be cooked. So I wait until the whites are opaque and then I flip. I don’t use a timer… so you have to watch for it.

I fry the egg on the flipped side only for a few seconds, and I press on the center of the yolk to make sure it isn’t fully cooked. Then I place it on the piece of toast without the cheese.

Top the eggs with the other slice of toast {with the cheese} and cut in half diagonally.

And there you have it the best fried egg sandwich… EVER!

oh! And the best part is you can dip your toast in the yolk on the plate… YUM!

Fried Egg Sandwiches

Just like my Mom use to make!

Yield: makes 4 sandwiches

8 Eggs

8 slices of Bread

4 thin slices of Colby Jack Cheese

Lawry's Season Salt, to taste

Black Pepper, to taste

Butter (approx. 1 tablespoon)

Olive Oil (approx. 2 tablespoons)

Toast bread and top 4 slices with cheese.

Place the butter and olive oil in a large pan and heat over medium heat.

When heated, crack the eggs a few at a time working in batches; season with Lawry's Season Salt and black pepper.

When the whites are opaque flip until the yolk is cooked as you like.

Top the 4 remaining slices each with two fried eggs.

Place the toast {with the cheese} on top of the egg and cut in half diagonally.

Enjoy!

24 Responses to “Fried Egg Sandwiches”

Jennifurla — August 6, 2010 at 3:16 am

I love you, love that you posted this. I love love a fried egg sammie, love it with parmesan

Nichole — August 6, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Looks great!

jennaseverythingblog — August 6, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Looks awesome! I love the runny yolks . . . my husband not so much, and he doesn't know what he's missing. I will definitely be making this.

Amanda @ Bakingwithoutabox.com — August 6, 2010 at 8:37 pm

This looks so good. Such beautiful photography makes me want to snatch the sandwich (and the cheese especially) right off the page. Wow!

Anna — August 6, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I'm so glad I tumbled into your blogland! Your photography is wonderful (great header, by the way!) and I'm now seriously craving a fried egg sandwich.

Megan — August 7, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Mmm, that looks so delicious!!

Christine — August 8, 2010 at 1:32 am

I will ALWAYS make my fried egg sammies with Lawry's. It is so amazing!! AND I have to tell you…after all the packing for the move..out of the 4 seasonings I have left to take with me are Cinnamon, salt, pepper and Lawry's. :) xo

The Bitch Stopped Cooking — August 8, 2010 at 3:07 am

Those are some great pictures! Looks delicious. I am going to try it on an english muffin!

S. A. — August 10, 2010 at 1:33 am

I just ate, but I got hungry again after reading your blog. Yummy.

Mary — August 12, 2010 at 3:50 pm

So yum! There's an award waiting for you on my site.

Kate — August 25, 2010 at 4:31 pm

OMG – we always put Lawry's Seasoned Salt on our eggs – Love the recipe! Kateiscooking

eatfeats — October 17, 2010 at 9:10 pm

This looks so good! I've yet to fry an egg without cracking the yolk (which I HATE), so I have to stick with steaming mine.

Kim — October 18, 2010 at 12:37 am

It is 8:30 at night, I have already eaten dinner but I wanna go make this right now. I never thought to leave the yolk soft for an egg sandwich.

Jane Ko — October 18, 2010 at 6:01 am

Yum.. I need one of those now :)

Haley — December 18, 2010 at 5:48 pm

I just made this for breakfast and it was delicious!

Kori — January 3, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Yummy! I love making fried egg sandwiches for lunch when we're low on groceries… so delicious and satisfying! And yours sounds extra tasty. Thanks for sharing a way to spice up the old classic :)

plumbing — August 2, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Place folded slices side-by-side on the bread, rather than stacking them on top of one another.

Anonymous — December 19, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Just made this and it was SO easy and delicious!

catering Fort Lauderdale — January 24, 2012 at 5:47 am

Being able to eat healthy and delicious food is very important especially for breakfast. This fired egg sandwich is a great example of such. Its nutritional value is a great way to jump start anyone's day, just like bagels. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous — January 27, 2012 at 7:18 pm

We prefer our egg sammiches scrambled instead of fried – but I'll have to try the Lawry's trick next time!

Nothing, but nothing beats an egg sammich with bacon on a weekend morning. NOTHING!

wedding venues South Florida — April 26, 2012 at 2:35 am

Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day. This egg sandwich recipe is perfect for such since it is not just delicious but also healthy. Thanks for sharing a wonderful and nutritious recipe.

Let'shaveSilverBracele — March 23, 2013 at 6:43 am

Fantastic goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too excellent. Let’s have Silver Bracelet http://www.seohm.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=159013

perth plumbing — December 17, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I visited many web pages but the audio feature for audio songs current at this web site is truly marvelous.

1. Pingback: {Best} Fried Egg Sandwich | Well Cooked