In this Turkey Cranberry Croissant Panini, buttery flaky croissants are slathered with homemade cranberry sauce and filled with tender slices of leftover turkey, crispy bacon, peppery arugula and gooey brie cheese before being griddled and pressed in a panini press. Yields 4 sandwiches in about 20 minutes.
Leftover turkey after Thanksgiving is the best.
There’s hundreds of things you can make with it. From soups, skillet pot pie and my personal favorite, turkey slop. Having leftover turkey in the fridge is a blessing because it means I don’t have put much thought into cooking. Which is especially handy when I have no other plans but park myself on my couch to do some online Christmas shopping the days following.
This croissant panini is a great way to use up both leftover turkey and cranberry sauce. Simply stack it along with bacon, brie and arugula and press it in a panini maker until grilled crispy.
To Make This Turkey Cranberry Croissant Panini You Will Need:
- all butter croissants – The bigger and flakier the better.
- cranberry sauce – Preferably homemade but any will do.
- dijon mustard – Or use yellow mustard.
- slices of cooked turkey – You could also make this with leftover roast chicken.
- black pepper – This will add some subtle bite and flavor.
- crispy cooked thick-cut bacon – Lends distinct smoky flavor.
- brie cheese – Creamy and delicious and melts beautifully.
- baby arugula – A fresh leafy green that adds a slightly bitter and peppery flavor.
Slice the croissants in half and spread the bottom half with leftover cranberry sauce and underneath the top half with dijon mustard.
On the cranberry side, top with slices of turkey and some freshly ground black pepper, some crispy bacon, sliced brie and a mound of baby arugula.
Replace the top half of the croissant and preheat your panini press.
Once the press is hot, place 1 to 2 sandwiches at a time and press until the cheese is melty and the croissant is crispy and golden.
Would you look at that!
Sweet. Tart. Tangy. Peppery. And most importantly, cheesy.
A delicious sandwich using up those coveted thanksgiving leftovers.
Enjoy! And if you give this Turkey Cranberry Croissant Panini recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Turkey Cranberry Croissant Panini
- 4 all butter croissants, homemade or store-bought
- cranberry sauce
- dijon mustard
- turkey, leftover
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 strips bacon, cooked thick-cut
- 12 slices brie cheese
- baby arugula
- Preheat your panini press.
- Cut each croissant in half horizontally.
- Spread the bottom half with cranberry sauce and the top half with dijon mustard.
- Top the half with the cranberry sauce with turkey, black pepper, bacon, brie and baby arugula.
- Replace the top half of the croissant and repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
- Work in batches of 2, placing in the panini press.
- Cook the panini until the top is golden and the cheese has melted.
- Cut in half and serve.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
beats my simple turkey sandwich leftover recipe by a longshot, brie is such a nice touch, thank you!