This Tomato Spinach and Feta Crustless Quiche is light, healthy with LOTS of flavor! Sautéed onions and garlic are tossed with baby spinach, tomatoes and roasted red pepper before being mixed with eggs and cheese. Baked with a sprinkle of feta for an incredibly satisfying breakfast.
Of course I have something to go with those breakfast potatoes I shared on Monday.
A few weeks ago Pat and I both had dentist appointments and afterwards we went out to breakfast at a local diner. Pat ordered coney dogs and I got an omelet stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and feta. It was incredible and is precisely the inspiration for this quiche.
And boy was it delicious! How could it not when it’s loaded with a plethora of goodies like onions, garlic, baby spinach, roasted red pepper and tomato. Before being baked, the whole thin is sprinkled with feta cheese with melts into the quiche and gets golden brown in spots.
Great for guests or meal prep! I love to make a quiche on Sunday and have it throughout the week.
It’s a delicious way to start any day!
To Make This Spinach Tomato and Feta Crustless Quiche You Will Need:
- olive oil spray
- yellow onion
- kosher salt
- baby spinach
- roasted red bell pepper (store bought or homemade)
- roma tomato
- freshly ground black pepper
- dill (fresh)
- feta cheese
Preheat your oven to 350° and spray a 9-inch pie plate with olive oil.
Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil spray, then add in the diced onion with a pinch of kosher salt and cook until tender and translucent.
Next, add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Lastly, remove the skillet off of the heat and add in 3 cups chopped baby spinach, 1 diced medium roasted red bell pepper, 1 medium roma tomato that has been seeded and diced with a pinch of kosher salt.
Toss until the spinach just starts to wilt.
Meanwhile, crack 6 eggs into a mixing bowl. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Use a whisk to beat the eggs until completely combined.
Add the cooled spinach mixture, 3/4 cup grated fontina and 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill.
Stir to combine.
Pour the egg mixture into your prepared pie dish.
Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons feta and bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 30 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through baking.
Allow the crustless quiche to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
I served it with these breakfast potatoes and cherry tomatoes.
For More Delicious Egg Recipes Click Here!
Tomato Spinach and Feta Crustless Quiche
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- 3 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 medium roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 medium roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 6 large eggs
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 3/4 cup fontina, mozzarella cheese freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta, regular, reduced fat or fat free, plus more for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350° and lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate with olive oil spray.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with olive oil and add the onion and garlic with a pinch of kosher salt. Heat on medium-low, sautéing until the tender and the onions translucent.
- Remove the pan off of the heat and add the chopped baby spinach, roasted red pepper and tomatoes with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Stir until the spinach just starts to wilt.
- In a mixing bowl, crack and add in the eggs. Add a pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using a whisk, beat the eggs until thoroughly combined.
- Once the spinach mixture has cooled (can be warm, just not hot) add it to the eggs along with the fontina and dill. Stir to combine.
- Pour this into the prepared pie plate and sprinkle with feta.
- Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Rotate the pan half way through baking.
- Allow the crustless quiche to cool 5 minutes before serving.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!