Liven up your breakfast with these Sun-dried Tomato Roasted Breakfast Potatoes! Baby yukon gold potatoes are quartered and roasted before being tossed in a homemade sun-dried tomato pesto! Serves 6 in 30 minutes.
Besides broccoli, roasted baby potatoes are a frequent side dish around here. Not only are they easy and can be roasted in 20 to 30 minutes but there are endless ways to finish them. Sometimes we have them with just salt and pepper, while other times I toss them with with different herbs or spices and/or top with grated parmesan.
These sun-dried tomato roasted breakfast potatoes are my latest and greatest obsession. Yukon gold potatoes are buttery so they are incredible as a breakfast (or any meal really) side. But once they are roasted and hot from the oven, I toss them in a bowl with butter and a quick pesto and sends them over the top.
You’re going to love these.
For The Sun-dried Tomato Pesto You Will Need:
- a jar sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- toasted sliced almonds or walnuts
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- lemon juice (fresh)
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
To Make the Sun-dried Tomato Roasted Breakfast Potatoes You Will Need:
- olive oil spray
- baby Yukon gold potatoes
- extra light olive oil
- sun-dried tomato pesto
- whipped butter (or regular butter)
- dill (fresh)
Preheat your oven to 400°.
Spray a rimmed metal baking sheet with olive oil. Add 1-1/2 pounds quartered baby yukon gold potatoes and toss them with 1 teaspoon extra light olive oil. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper before roasting for 20 minutes on the middle rack of your preheated oven.
Meanwhile in the bowl of you mini food processor, add and entire (7 ounce) jar of sun-dried tomatoes including the olive oil (should be around 3 to 4 tablespoons) along with 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds or walnuts, 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, 6 to 8 basil leaves, 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped, juice of 1/2 a lemon and a pinch or two of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper or to taste.
Pulse until it resembles pesto or a fine paste.
Add 1/4 cup to a mixing bowl with 1 tablespoon whipped butter or 1/2 tablespoon regular butter.
After the potatoes have roasted for 20 minutes, check to make sure they are done by inserting a fork into a large piece. It should glide through smoothly.
While the potatoes are hot, toss all of them into the bowl with the pesto and butter.
Toss well to combine.
Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl and garnish with minced fresh dill or parsley.
I love how intensely flavored and earthy these potatoes are! They go great with eggs and toast or just about anything you can think of.
For More Breakfast Recipes Click Here!
Enjoy! And if you give these breakfast potatoes a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Sun-dried Tomato Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
FOR THE PESTO:
- 1 (7 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, or walnuts
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 8 basil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
FOR THE ROASTED POTATOES:
- olive oil spray
- 1½ pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter, or 1/2 tablespoon regular butter
- minced fresh dill, for serving
TO MAKE THE PESTO:
- Into the bowl of your mini food processor add the entire jar (oil too! should be around 3 to 4 tablespoons) along with the almonds, parmesan, basil, chopped garlic, lemon juice and a pinch or two of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Process until desired consistency.
TO MAKE THE ROASTED POTATOES:
- Preheat your oven to 400° and lightly spray a rimmed metal baking sheet.
- Quarter the potatoes and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper on the pan.
- Roast on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 20 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through to ensure even cooking. Do not turn.
- In a mixing bowl, add sun-dried tomato pesto and butter.
- Once the potatoe have roasted and are fork tender, add them to the bowl (while they are hot!) with the butter and pesto. Toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with fresh dill.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Leave a Reply