This is the best pecan pie recipe! Loaded with pecans and delicious gooey filling in a homemade pie crust. Always a hit and never disappoints.
Of all the holiday pies, pecan pie is my absolute favorite.
Hands down my most favorite pie. But one could easily get it wrong by skimping on the most important ingredient, the pecans. Listen, it can’t be called Pecan Pie if you don’t use a lot of pecans!!!!
With this pecan filled pie you will be showered with praises. Eyes will close and you will hear things like “Oh my heavens” and “Wow this is soooo good!”. I mean what more could anyone want to possibly hear? This by far is the BEST pecan pie you will ever make and that your guests will ever eat. And I mean it. Plus my father-in-law said so, and trust me that my friends is saying something!
My pecan pie recipe was adapted, but only slightly, from one of Martha Stewart’s. I hardly tweaked it but maybe a tad. She definitely gets all the credit for this one.
To Make The Best Pecan Pie You Will Need:
- light corn syrup
- dark brown sugar
- unsalted butter
- real vanilla extract
- kosher salt
- 9-inch pie crust
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, for serving
First, preheat your oven to 375° and move your rack to the lowest position in your oven so the pecans won’t burn before the pie is cooked.
Meanwhile crack and add 4 eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
Next measure and add in 1 cup corn syrup, 1/3 cup dark brown sugar and 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
Then add in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, whisking to combine.
Pour in the melted and cooled butter, again whisking to combine.
Next roll out the one half of this homemade pie crust recipe. Then trim the overhang to 1-inch and tuck and pinch to form an edge.
Then chill the dough for at least 20 minutes.
You can do this prior to making the filling.
Placethe chopped pecans into the chilled pie crust and then top with the whole pecans.
Pour that glorious ooey-gooey filling over top.
Lastly, place the pie onto a lined baking sheet and then slide on the lowest rack, in a preheated oven and wait patiently until the pie has baked for 50 minutes or so.
Let cool completely before slicing.
Finally, serve with vanilla ice cream, maybe a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce and with a hot cup of coffee.
The Best Pecan Pie
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups choppe pecans halves
- 1/2 recipe homemade pie crust, chilled
- Move the rack to the lowest position in your oven and preheat to 375°.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Roughly chop half of the pecans and place in the bottom of prepared (chilled) pie crust. Then top with remaining whole pecans and then pour the filling over top.
- Set the pie onto a rimmed baking sheet and place on the lowest rack in your preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until the center slightly jiggles.
- Cool pie completely before serving.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!