These roasted sweet potato steak fries are simple yet totally delicious. Sweet potatoes are tossed in olive oil and seasonings and baked until crispy!
What I love most about these roasted sweet potato steak fries is that the outside gets all crispy but the insides are soft and buttery. Oh yeah baby. Like buttah. This recipe comes from… well… from having three sweet potatoes in my pantry and having to use them before they grow things.
Gross things… know-what-I-mean?
To Make These Roasted Sweet Potato Steak Fries You Will Need:
- sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Cut the potatoes into thick wedges.
Start by cutting them in half and then into thick wedges. I have no good reason why I didn’t take pictures of this crucial step, other than I was making dinner and must have forgotten.
Drizzle with olive oil and toss.
Next season with kosher salt and a few turns of the black pepper grinder.
Spread them out evenly over a foil lined baking sheet, for easy clean up, and place in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Toss and back in for 10 more minutes. They are done when they are crispy and a dark golden color, and when a knife pierces easily.
These roasted sweet potato steak fries are so delicious… crispy outside… soft buttery inside.
I could eat the whole sheet pan of these fries and not feel a single pang of guilt… why would I? It’s a whole months worth of vitamins!?!
Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, halved and cut into large strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt, more or less to taste
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper, more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss the sweet potato wedges in the 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
- Spread evenly on a foil lined baking sheet and place in preheated oven for 15 minutes, flip and repeat until the exterior is crispy and dark golden and a knife pierces easily.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!