Loaded with flavor and nutritious goodness, this Sweet Potato Blueberry Power Bowl will fill you up and keep you satisfied. Because the baby spinach is topped with sliced cooked chicken, turmeric roasted sweet potato, blueberries, avocado, blood oranges, cashews, hemp seeds and drizzled with a creamy cashew dressing, it will definitely fill you up and keep you happy.
I’ve got a little meatless for your Monday! Ever since going low-carb, I crave big bowls of vegetables. Preferably in the form of salads. The bigger, more colorful and textural the better. I’ve come a long way from the days of where I’d eat iceberg salads sans dressing. Now I’m fearless when it comes to greens, vegetables and fruits colliding in the same bowl, sharing the same dressing and everything.
Case and point: this loaded sweet potato blueberry power bowl!
One power bowl is packed with protein, vitamins, nutrients and healthy fats that will keep you going all day long.
To make this Sweet Potato Blueberry Power Bowl recipe you will need:
- sweet potatoes
- baby spinach
- blood orange
- red onion
- hemp seeds
- creamy cashew dressing
You can totally customize this, using whatever you have on hand. Also, feel free to keep this vegetarian by omitting the chicken.
To make the sweet potatoes: peel and dice two large sweet potatoes into 1-1/2 inch pieces and place onto a rimmed metal sheet pan. Then toss with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and 1 heaping tablespoon of my turmeric vegetable seasoning blend. And then roast for 20-25 minutes (or until fork tender) on the middle rack of your preheated 400° oven.
In the meantime, this is when I quickly pull together the creamy cashew dressing. Literally, it takes 5 minutes to do this and you have instant dressing for your power bowl.
I also prepare the rest of the ingredients, like peeling and slicing the orange and avocado, rinse the blueberries, and quickly cook up a couple boneless, skinless chicken breast halves.
Next, build the salad by placing a generous handful of baby spinach or power greens into a bowl and topping it with the turmeric roasted sweet potatoes, half an avocado, a handful of fresh blueberries, a little red onion, slices of blood orange and top it with crushed cashews and a tablespoon of hemp hearts.
Lastly I drizzle it all with a few spoonfuls of the creamy cashew dressing.
A flavor explosion in every bite!
Not only texturally amazing -thank you cashews and crispy roasted sweet potatoes – But it’s a feel-good power bowl packed with lots of nutritious goodies. This sweet potato blueberry power bowl is also a great recipe to meal prep, to have on hand and ready-to-go for healthy lunches all week long.
Sweet Potato Blueberry Power Bowl
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 to 1½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 turmeric vegetable seasoning blend
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 recipe creamy cashew dressing
MAKE THE SWEET POTATOES:
- Preheat your oven to 400°. On a metal rimmed sheet pan, toss the sweet potatoes with coconut oil and turmeric seasoning blend. Spread into an even layer and roast on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
MAKE THE SALAD:
- Meanwhile prep remaining ingredients and cook chicken if using.
- Then divide the spinach, roasted sweet potato, avocado, blueberries, orange slices, onion, cashews and 1 tablespoon of hemp hearts per bowl. Drizzle with a few spoonfuls of the cashew dressing before serving.
- If making this in advance, wait to cut the avocado to avoid it form turning brown and pack the dressing on the side.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!