This Summer Fruit Salad is bursting with fresh fruit and berries! Sliced juicy peaches are tossed with rainier cherries, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries in a fresh citrus juice and honey. Serves 6 to 8.
Fruit salad is the quintessential summer dish.
There are so many different combinations and usually fairly simple to throw together! This summer fruit salad is a delicious summery twist on traditional fruit salad. In it sliced juicy peaches are tossed with fresh berries and cherries. A drizzle of honey, fresh herbs and citrus juice to bring it all together.
You can’t beat this summery combo!
To Make This Summer Fruit Salad You Will Need:
- peaches – Peaches are best when firm yet with a slight give when gently pressed.
- cherries – I like rainier cherries but dark sweet cherries would work as well.
- strawberries – Slice larger berries into thirds and smaller berries in half.
- raspberries – Use firm raspberries so they don’t break apart in the salad when tossed.
- blueberries – Use fresh, firm and ripe blueberries.
- mint and basil (fresh) – It gives the salad fresh herbaceous flavor.
- honey – Adds a touch of flavor and sweetness that compliments the fruit.
- lemon and lime juice – Lends flavor and acidity.
In a medium mixing bowl add 2 sliced peaches, 8 ounces pitted rainier cherries, 8 ounces sliced or halved strawberries and 4 ounces each fresh blueberries and raspberries.
Next add in 1 tablespoon each of fresh basil and mint and a drizzle of honey. I recommend tearing the herbs by hand so they retain their freshness and to keep the leaves from turning brown.
Add in the juice from 1/2 a lime and lemon.
Gently toss to combine and serve or chill for an hour before serving.
Transfer to a serving plate or bowl and add a few springs of mint and basil leaves for garnish.
How To Store Fruit Salad:
Store in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator.
How Long Will Fruit Salad Last?
If stored properly this fruit salad should last up to 5 days
Click Here For More Fruit Salad Recipes!
Summer Fruit Salad
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 8 ounces strawberries, slice into thirds or half
- 8 ounces rainier cherries, pitted and cut in half
- 4 ounces blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces raspberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, torn by hand
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, torn by hand
- 1 drizzle honey, about 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a mixing bowl, add the peaches, strawberries, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, mint, basil and honey. Squeeze in the lemon and lime juice.
- Gently toss and serve immediately or refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!