TGIF! I think from now Friday’s will be designated for simple and easy recipes like this summer fruit salad. This one is really REALLY simple.
Fruit salad, in my opinion the essential summer dish picnic dish.
There are so many different options and typically simple to throw together! This fruit salad is healthy, vitamin rich and chock full of antioxidants to keep us staying young, healthy and looking beautiful! When I read that blackberries and blueberries have anti-aging components in them, I immediately stocked my fridge and freezer up. Especially when they are on sale in the summertime. I love eating them all year round!
To Make This Summer Fruit Salad You Will Need:
- fresh pineapple
- half a lemon
Halve your strawberries and add them to a medium bowl along with all the other berries and the pineapple. I used a little less than a whole pound of strawberries… because I was snacking 🙂
Slice the “cheeks” of the mango surrounding the pit. The pit is thin and runs virtically so you’ll have to feel for it with your knife and cut around it. Use a small paring knife and cut diagonal cuts through the flesh but not all the way through the skin. Flip the mango “cheek” inside-out and cut off the sections.
Here’s a link on how to dice a mango that might help.
I like to do it over the bowl to catch all the mango’s yummy juices… waste not!
Finally, zest and juice half a lemon.
Toss and chill up to an hour before serving. Told you it was easy!
Summer Fruit Salad
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 pound strawberries, rinsed, hulled and halved if large
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 pint raspberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- In a large bowl, add the diced pineapple, strawberries, mango then toss them in with the berries.
- Next add in the zest and juice half of a lemon.
- Toss and serve or refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!