Sugared Pumpkin Spice Muffins go great with your morning for afternoon cup of coffee or tea. A simple pumpkin spice muffin is dunked in melted butter and rolled in a pumpkin spice sugar. This recipe yields 12 muffins in under 45 minutes.
It has been the perfect weather for baking – sorry friends in Texas and other still warm states! It rained all day yesterday and while it’s a total pain when you have a puppy who needs to go out every hour, it makes for the coziest day for baking.
If you’ve been following these past 10 years, you might remember these muffins. I love them because they’re easy to make but also they’re dipped in butter and cinnamon sugar. I mean hello?!
Inspired by that recipe, I created a pumpkin version. Pumpkin puree, homemade pumpkin spice… the whole thing tastes like a doughnut. SO good.
To Make These Sugared Pumpkin Spice Muffins You Will Need:
- unbleached all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- pumpkin spice
- kosher salt
- pumpkin puree
- whole milk
- melted butter
Preheat your oven to 350℉ (or 180℃) and grease a standard nonstick muffin pan.
In a mixing bowl, measure and add 1-1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
Whisk to combine.
In a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup whole milk, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Again, whisk to combine.
Pour the wet into the bowl of the dry ingredients.
Stir until just combined.
Do not over mix.
Using a scoop, measure out the muffin batter.
And divide it among a standard muffin pan.
Tap firmly on the counter to settle the batter into each cup. I would’ve done this but I was afraid I would wake up Finn so I skipped this step. It’s not crucial, so if you don’t or forget, it’s totally fine.
Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, or until a tester comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
While the muffins bake, whisk together 1/2 cup granulated sugar with 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice.
Once the sugared pumpkin spice muffins are baked, allow for them to cool until safe to handle.
Working with one at a time, dip in the butter and let any excess drip off back into the bowl.
Then roll it in the pumpkin spice sugar and repeat.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have 11 more to eat.
Sugared Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
PUMPKIN SPICE SUGAR:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ (or 180℃) and grease a standard nonstick muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, measure and add the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, measure and add the pumpkin puree, milk, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients. Switch over to a spatula and mix until the flour is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Divide the muffin batter among the prepare muffin pan and bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar with 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice.
- Once the muffins are safe to handle, working with one at a time, dip the muffin in melted butter, turning to coat all sides.
- Let excess butter drip back into the bowl before rolling in pumpkin spice sugar. Repeat with remaining muffins.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!