This Spicy Chicken Feta Pizza is perfect for those who want to flip the script on their pizza topping game! Greek Yogurt Pizza Dough is rolled thin and topped with sauce, mozzarella, shredded chicken, spicy banana peppers and feta cheese for a deliciously addictive pizza.
This spicy chicken feta pizza dates back a decade or so. It was first introduced to me by my sister Christine back when we both worked at the same hospital. I would stop in to her department from time to time, and on one particularly lucky day she had this pizza by her station. I swear, it was love after first bite. The topping combination is one that has been a favorite ever since.
It’s pretty simple: thin crust topped with pizza sauce, mozzarella, shredded cooked chicken, banana peppers, (more mozzarella) and crumbled feta cheese. Oh-muh-goodness it’s amazing. As it bakes, the juices from the peppers mingle with the sauce and other surrounding toppings while the feta gets golden in spots. Her pizza then was drizzled with a herbed olive oil, but I just top with with fresh oregano leaves and it’s pure perfection.
I’m in love and I don’t care who knows it.
Prep and measure the ingredients and this pizza will come together in no time.
To Make This Spicy Chicken Feta Pizza You will need:
- pizza dough (I used this Greek Yogurt recipe)
- pizza sauce
- leftover cooked and shredded chicken
- sliced banana peppers
- crumbled feta cheese
- fresh oregano for serving
Roll out the pizza dough and transfer it to the back side of a rimmed metal sheet pan that has been sprayed with olive oil.
Spoon on roughly a 1/2 cup pizza sauce and spread it around leaving about 3/4-inch edge.
Top the sauce with half of the mozzarella, all of the chicken, peppers, remaining mozzarella and lastly, the feta. I give the whole pizza a light spray of olive oil before sliding the pan onto the lowest rack of my preheated 475° oven.
Bake for 14 to 18 minutes. Times may vary if making individual pizzas.
Once baked the pizza crust should be golden, the cheese melted and browned in spots. Finally it’s time to slice and serve.
Who needs pepperoni when there’s chicken, feta and banana peppers??
Enjoy! And if you give this Spicy Chicken Feta Pizza recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Spicy Chicken Feta Pizza
- 1 recipe pizza dough, see notes
- 1 recipe pizza sauce
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded chicken, leftover roasted or rotisserie
- 1/2 cup banana pepper rings
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- olive oil spray
- oregano leaves
- Preheat your oven to 475° and lightly spray an inverted baking sheet.
- On a clean, floured surface, roll dough out to roughly 10 inches. Transfer it to the prepared pan.
- Spoon sauce onto the dough and spread evenly, leaving a 1/2-inch edge.
- Top with half of the mozzarella cheese, all of the chicken, peppers and remaining mozzarella. Then scatter the feta over top.
- Lightly spray the top of the pizza with olive oil before baking for 14 to 18 minutes.
- Cut into 8 pieces and sprinkle with the oregano leaves.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
I made this pizza tonight. The crust and toppings were delicioso! I may try making it with a white sauce the next time.