Four ingredients is all you need to make this Roasted Cauliflower Rice recipe! Fresh, crisp cauliflower is pulsed into crumbles and tossed with garlic, sea salt and olive oil and roasted until golden brown. Serves 4 in 30 minutes.
I’m not one of those people that will tell you that cauliflower rice tastes just like regular rice. Because it does not. Not even a little. What it does do, is give you that substantial bulkiness or “filler” that rice does but with less carbs and calories. In this particular recipe, roasting the cauliflower in a hot oven with olive oil brings out the little natural sugars cauliflower has and caramelizes it, giving it a toasty flavor.
So so good.
This is my go- to and favorite method for preparing cauliflower rice. I make it all the time and it is so flavorful and simple.
To make this Roasted Cauliflower Rice you will need:
- olive oil spray
- a large head of cauliflower
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
Preheat your oven to 450℉ (or 230℃).
Start by cutting up one large head of cauliflower into florets. Then, while working in batches, pulse until the cauliflower is in small crumbles. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
Next, spray a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Tip the cauliflower out onto the pan, season with a couple pinches of kosher salt and 5 to 6 shakes of garlic powder.
Toss to combine and spread out evenly. Spray the cauliflower one last time before sliding the pan onto the bottom rack of your preheated oven.
Then roast for 10 minutes.
Next, remove, toss and spread back out before roasting for an additional 10 minutes. Repeat this step one more time, for a total of 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower rice is golden brown.
That’s it! Whether tucked into lettuce wraps or under your favorite stir-fry, this is a delicious side dish for really anything. And did I mention it’s SO simple?
What’s better than cauliflower rice? Roasted cauliflower rice. Be sure to stay tuned because tomorrow I’ll be sharing a recipe that this is perfect with and it’s both easy, delicious and healthy.
Click Here for more cauliflower and cauliflower rice recipes!
Roasted Cauliflower Rice
- 1 large cauliflower
- olive oil spray
- 3 shakes garlic powder
- kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450℉ (or 230℃).
- In your food processor fitted with the blade attachment, work in batches pulsing cauliflower florets until small pieces form.
- Spray a rimmed metal baking sheet with oil before adding the riced cauliflower.
- Season with a few (about 5 to 6) shakes of garlic powder and season with a few pinches kosher salt. Stir to combine.
- Use a rubber spatula to spread the cauliflower rice in an even layer. Spray the cauliflower rice one last time before sliding the pan onto the bottom rack of your preheated oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove, stir and rotate the pan. Roast for another 10 minutes.
- Repeat one last time, for a total of 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!