Crispy Sheet Pan Chicken Fried Rice is a one pan main meal or side dish. Leftover rice and chicken get a new life with the addition of veggies and a simple Asian sauce. Serves 4 to 6 (depending).
Being a food blogger, leftovers are inevitable.
Sometimes it’s rice, chicken, cheesecake banana bread… life is so rough. However I do always try to find a way to use them. Doing things like giving them away 😉 or trying to create a second meal out of what’s left. Fried rice is probably the best way to use up those little baggies of leftover salad veggies or that extra pork chop or chicken breast that’s hanging around your fridge. It’s easy and who doesn’t like fried rice? Besides Malloree, who else? Because I’m pretty sure she’s the only person in the world. (kidding)
Needless to say, the rest of my family loves fried rice. Any rice, really. However, crispy fried rice has quickly become a favorite. I first fell in love with it when I made a different sheet pan dinner and it was love at first bite.
The texture of the crispy bits is the ultimate. This recipe is more of a classic version but don’t think for one second I don’t have another one I’m brainstorming.
Because rice is life.
To Make This Sheet Pan Chicken Fried Rice You Will Need:
- fresh garlic
- dark soy sauce
- light soy sauce
- fish sauce
- shaoxing wine
- oyster sauce
- dark brown sugar
- leftover cooked rice (fresh rice has too much moisture)
- green onions
- shredded (or julienned) carrots
- peas (frozen)
- shredded cooked chicken
Place a rimmed metal baking sheet on the middle rack of your oven. Then turn on your oven and preheat (with the pan) to 450℉ (or 230℃).
In a small sauce pan, measure and add; 2 cloves freshly grated garlic, 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar, 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce (I purchase mine on amazon), 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (which is what you commonly find in all grocery stores), 2 teaspoons fish sauce, 2 teaspoon shaoxing wine, 1 teaspoon oyster sauce and 1 teaspoon Sriracha – more or less to taste. While whisking, bring to a bubble on medium high heat. Once boiling, remove the pan off of the heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add 4 cups leftover cooked rice, light white and light green parts of the green onions (save the dark parts for serving), 1 cup shredded carrots (I always have a bag in my fridge for salads! total time saver) and 3/4 cup frozen peas.
Pour the fried rice sauce all over and toss to combine.
Once the oven is preheated, and the pan is hot, use oven mitts to remove the pan and immediately spray with olive oil and add the rice mixture. It should sizzle! Quickly spread the rice out into an even layer and pop back into the oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
Remove the pan and reduce the oven temperature to 350°. Use a metal spatula to scrape up the rice. There should be noticeable crispy bits <—so good!
Haphazardly pour the beaten eggs over the rice.
Scatter the chicken over top before popping the whole thing back into the oven for 5 to 8 minutes Or until the egg is set.
Stir it all one last time before serving. I actually forgot to turn down my oven (story of my life) and my eggs and rice were a little extra crispy yet still so. dang. good.
Sheet pan chicken fried rice could be a main dish all on it’s own because it’s so satisfying, but I’ve also made teriyaki chicken and roasted broccoli and served it as a side before too.
Either way it’s incredible.
With our without extra sriracha, that is the question.😉
For More Sheet Pan Recipes Click Here.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fried Rice
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 cloves garlic, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons shaoxing wine
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
FOR THE RICE:
- olive oil spray
- 4 cups leftover cooked rice, see notes
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced (lights and dark parts separated)
- 1 cup carrots, shredded or julienned
- 3/4 cup peas, frozen
- 3 large eggs, beaten well
- 2 cup cooked chicken, leftover and shredded grilled, roasted, fried or rotisserie
For The Sauce:
- In a small sauce pan add teh garlic, sugar, sriracha, dark and light soy, fish sauce, shaoxing wine and oyster sauce. Bring to a boil while whisking and remove off of the heat and set off to the side for a moment.
FOR THE FRIED RICE:
- Place a rimmed metal baking sheet on the middle rack of your oven. Then turn on your oven and preheat (with the pan) to 450℉ (or 230℃).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the rice, light parts of the green onion, carrot and peas. Pour the sauce over top and toss to combine.
- One the oven (and pan) are preheated, use oven mitts to remove the pan. Immediately spray the pan with olive oil and add all the rice to the middle of the sheet pan. It should sizzle!
- Spread the rice into an even layer and slip back on to the middle rack of your oven to bake for 12 ro 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan and reduce the oven temperature to 350°. Use a metal spatula to scrape up the rice.
- Beat the egg well and pour it haphazardly over top. Scatter the chicken over top and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until the egg is set.
- Toss one more time before serving. Seve with remaining green onion and sriracha.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!