Homemade banana bread and cheesecake collide in this epic Cheesecake Banana Bread! A thick ribbon of cheesecake is throughout a simple brown butter banana bread batter and baked until tender and moist. Yields 8 thick slices.
I’ve never loved banana bread more than I do now.
It’s true. A simple brown butter banana bread batter is layered with a ribbon of cheese cake in the middle. How could anyone think this is a bad idea? I took my go-to banana bread recipe, cut it in half and swapped out the melted butter for brown butter, which adds a toasty warmth. And if that wasn’t already something to get excited about, I whipped up a quick cheesecake filling and layered them in a loaf pan.
I made this on a snow day and Malloree woke up asking what I made because it smells “so good”. Needless to say, she had a piece for breakfast… err lunch since she didn’t wan up until after noon. Teenagers.
The cheesecake is subtle because the banana bread has so much flavor, however the texture combination of the two is incredible. And the perfect treat to go with coffee and binge watching The Bachelor. #otherguiltypleasure
To Make This Cheesecake Banana Bread You Will Need:
- unbleached all-purpose flour
- baking powder and baking soda
- kosher salt
- light brown sugar
- ripe bananas (very)
- brown butter
To start, in a large mixing bowl, measure and add; 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt and cinnamon. Freshly grate in 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
Whisk to combine.
Using a fork, mash up 3 very ripe bananas.
Measure and add 6 tablespoons of brown butter (for instructions on how to brown butter click here), 1/2 cup light brown sugar, 1 egg and a teaspoon of vanilla extract into a medium mixing bowl.
Again, whisk to combine.
Stir in the mashed bananas.
Transfer the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry and stir until the flour is incorporated.
Now make the cheesecake filling, add 6 ounces of softened cream cheese into a mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, blend until smooth. To that, add in 1 large egg, 1/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
Mix until smooth.
Preheat your oven to 350° and lightly spray a loaf pan and line with parchment. Spoon half of the banana mixture into the prepared pan and top with all of the cheesecake filling.
Pour the remaining banana bread over top and use a spatula to smooth. Slip the whole thing onto the middle rack of your preheat 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. It should not be wet.
Once the cheesecake banana bread has baked, allow it to cool for 15 minutes before using the parchment as handles to lift the bread out of the pan and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Slice. Serve with coffee. Devour. You know the drill.
For more quick bread recipes click here.
Enjoy! And if you give this Cheesecake Banana Bread recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Cheesecake Brown Butter Banana Bread
FOR THE BANANA BREAD:
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 3 ripe bananas, ripe smashed
- 6 tablespoons brown unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Prepare a standard loaf pan by spraying with nonstick spray and lining with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, measure and add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the brown butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Fold in the mashed bananas.
- Add this wet mixture to the dry ingredients, and use a rubber spatula to gently fold until combined.
- Prepare the cream cheese mixture by adding the softened cream cheese to a bowl and blending until smooth. Add the egg, flour and sugar to the bowl. Use an electric hand mixer and mix on medium-low speed until smooth.
- Add half of the banana bread batter to the bottom of your prepared pan, spread evenly. Pour the cheesecake batter over top. Spoon the remaining bread mixture over top and spread evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean, after bein inserted into the middle.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
This looks soo good!
Can you make this recipe eggless? Excited to try it.