Add extra protein in the morning with this recipe for Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese! Light and fluffy eggs tossed with cottage cheese makes these ultra creamy and incredibly cheesy! Serve with freshly ground black pepper and top with snipped chives or thinly sliced green onions. Serves 1 but can be doubled to serve more.
Looking for a way to add protein to your breakfast? I’ve got you.
Cottage cheese scrambled eggs isn’t a new concept. In fact, I first saw it last fall on Tik Tok. So I started playing with this recipe because I love cheesy eggs and any way to up the protein in my diet.
When testing this recipe, I first tried whisking the cottage cheese into the beaten eggs before adding to the pan. The results were extremely wet and curdled-like, and not in a good way. Then I tried whisking it towards the end of scrambling the eggs and it was still too wet for my liking. The last thing I tried was to fully scramble the eggs, remove them off the heat and then mix in the cottage cheese. The results for this was less watery and yet so fluffy and creamy!
I eat these at least 3 to 4 days a week because they are SO easy, delicious and satisfying. I serve mine over a hash brown patty, season with lots of freshly ground black pepper and top with either snipped chives or thinly sliced green onion.
To Make These Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs You Will Need:
- non-stick spray – Keeps the eggs from sticking to the pan. I like ghee spray but extra-light olive oil works too.
- large eggs – Because these wouldn’t be scrambled eggs without them 😉.
- kosher salt – Enhances the flavor of the eggs.
- cottage cheese – Adds protein and creamy cheesy flavor.
- freshly ground black pepper – Lends delicious flavor and bite to the eggs.
- snipped chives (or thinly sliced green onion) – Gives these eggs a subtle fresh onion flavor. Used for for garnish.
What’s The Best Cottage Cheese to Use In Scrambled Eggs?
Until recently, I wasn’t a huge cottage cheese fan. In fact, I still can’t eat it with just a spoon. However, I do love in eggs and whipped with jam for cheesecake bowls. And my favorite brand is Good Culture (this is not sponsored, just my opinion). You can use either whole milk or low-fat (which is what I use) cottage cheese in this recipe.
Start by spraying a small non-stick skillet with either extra-light olive oil or ghee spray.
Using a whisk, beat them until egg yolks and whites are thoroughly combined.
Remove the eggs off of the heat.
Stirring and mixing the cottage cheese into the eggs.
Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese (High Protein!)
- nonstick spray, extra light olive oil or ghee
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese, I use low-fat (Good Culture brand is my favorite)
- freshly ground black pepper
- sliced green onions, or snipped chives
- Spray a nonstick skillet with extra light olive oil or ghee.
- Crack eggs into a liquid measuring cup, and using a whisk, beat them until egg yolks and whites are thoroughly combined.
- Once pan has preheated, add in the eggs. Use a spatula to scrape the edges and bottom of the skillet often until eggs are set with no visible moisture.
- Add in the cottage cheese and a small pinch of salt, stirring and mixing them into the eggs.
- Transfer to a plate and serve topped with freshly ground black pepper and snipped chives or thinly sliced green onions.
- I personally like to serve these eggs onto of a crispy hash brown patty.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!