Salted Caramel Espresso Hazelnut Cookies are the cookies you didn’t know you wanted! Sweet, salty and nutty with some espresso chocolate chip flair! Even more delicious served with a glass of ice cold milk. Recipe yields 3 dozen which makes this great for sharing.
To say these cookies are extra is an understatement.
Like any over the top cookie recipe, it starts brown butter. Which makes these cookies soft and incredible while enhancing the flavors of the hazelnuts. Other than that, it’s pretty much a basic cookie dough recipe with phenomenal add-ins like; espresso chips, chopped hazelnuts and caramel bits. The whole cookie is made complete with a sprinkle of fleur de sel.
The salt will balance all the sweetness.
I personally love how much delicious texture these cookies have. They are great when still warm from the oven and even the next day. The perfect sweet and salty (and caramel and hazelnutty) treat!
To Make These Salted Caramel Espresso Hazelnut Cookies You Will Need:
- unbleached all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- kosher salt
- (unsalted) brown butter
- unsalted butter
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- chopped hazelnuts
- espresso chips
- caramel bits
- fleur de sel
In a mesh sieve set over a bowl, sift together; 2-1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
Once sifted, add in 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
Into the bowl of your stand mixer add 1 stick of butter that has been browned (and cooled) and 1 stick room temperature butter.
To that, add 1 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Blend to gather until light and airy.
Scrape the sides and bottom before adding in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing after each one.
Gradually add in the dry ingredients, mixing until incorporated.
Next, add in 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts…
3/4 cup espresso chips…
(fyi these are espresso chocolate chips😍)
And then lastly add in 3/4 cup caramel bits.
With the mixer on low, mix until combined.
Use a 2 tablespoon scoop to measure out each cookie and place onto a rimmed baking sheet that is lined with parchment or a baking mat and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
Bake in your preheated 350° oven for 10 to 11 minutes – or until the edges are lightly golden, rotating the pan halfway through.
For a pretty finish, press a few espresso chips, hazelnuts and caramel bits into the top while they are fresh from the oven.
Serve with an ice cold glass of milk and prepare yourself to fall in love.
Salted Espresso Caramel Hazelnut Cookies
- 2¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted [butter that has been browned]
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup espresso chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup caramel bits
- fleur de sel
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment or a baking mat.
- Measure and add the flour, soda and cinnamon into a mesh sieve and sift them into a medium bowl. Add the salt and set a side.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add the (cooled) browned butter with the stick of room temperature unsalted butter and both sugars. Mix until light and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of your mixer and add the vanilla. Add 1 egg at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Gradually add in the sifted dry ingredients, mixing until just incorporated. Make sure to scraped the sides and bottom of the bowl as you go.
- With your mixer on low-speed, add in the hazelnuts, espresso chips and caramel bits.
- Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, measure out 12 cookies (roughly 2 to 3 inches apart) per pan and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 10 to 11 mintues or until the edges are lightly golden brown. Repeat with remaining pans of cookie dough.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan for a minute or so before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!