sGreat as a low-carb breakfast for on the go, these Mini Western Omelet Frittatas have everything you love in a western omelet like diced ham, bell peppers and Swiss cheese, simply made in a muffin pan. A satisfying meal for your busy mornings!
I love nothing more than to wake up and breakfast is already made. This happens never, unless I prep a batch of mini frittatas. Since you guys loved the turkey broccoli and cheddar version I made a few years ago, I was inspired to recreate a similar recipe but this time using my favorite omelet ingredients.
The usual cast of characters in a western omelet is ham, peppers, onions and cheese. And these mini western omelet frittatas are no different.
I first tested this recipe last December when I had a lot of leftover ham from the holiday to use up. And OH. MY. GOSH. were these a hit! My family would wake up and pop two in the microwave to reheat. I think they like to have breakfast already made just as much as I do.
To make these Mini Western Omelet Frittatas You Will Need:
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- diced ham
- red bell pepper
- Swiss cheese
- green onions
And if I was to make these only for myself, I would add a 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms. So yum!
Preheat your oven to 350℉ (or 180℃).
Crack 6 whole large eggs into a mixing bowl. Separate the remaining 6 eggs, adding in the whites to the bowl and saving the yolks for another purpose.
Season with a half teaspoon of kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and a pinch or two of red pepper flakes.
Whisk until combined.
Then add in 1 cup diced (cooked) ham, 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese and 1/3 cup of sliced green onion. If adding sliced mushrooms, you’ll need 1/2 cup as well.
Stir to combine.
Measure and divide the egg mixture among a muffin pan that has been sprayed with non-stick olive oil spray.
Bake in your preheated oven on the middle rack for 18 to 20 minutes.
Allow to cool, before using a spatula and removing.
Everything you love about a western omelet in a smaller, make-ahead frittata! Delicious as is or with hot sauce!
Western Omelet Mini Frittatas
- olive oil spay, for muffin tin
- 6 large eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup diced leftover cooked ham, see notes
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms, optional
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ (or 180℃).
- Brush the inside of each muffin cup with olive oil (or spritz with olive oil non-stick spray).
- Crack 6 eggs into a large mixing bowl. Then separate the remaining 6 yolks from the egg whites, adding only the egg whites to the mixing bowl, saving the yolks for another purpose. Whisk the eggs with the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes until beaten and throughly combined.
- Next, add in the diced ham, Swiss cheese, red bell pepper, mushrooms (if using), green onions. Mix until incorporated.
- Use a 1/4-cup measuring cup to evenly divide the mixture among the prepared muffin pan. Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- If making in advance, allow the mini frittatas to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- To reheat; wrap in paper towel and microwave until warm.
- **If you don't have leftover ham, any cooked ham like deli lunch meat or a ham steak will work just fine.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!