Jalapeño Popper Dip is a spicy baked appetizer consisting of cream cheese, jalapeño peppers, sharp cheddar and Monterey jack cheese sprinkled with a crispy jalapeño topping. Baked until warm and golden and serve with your favorite corn chips. This recipe will serve 10.
If a dip could be a love language, this would be mine.
It also happens to be the best dip for your New Year’s Eve gathering. Yet casual enough for football Sunday or just because. I recently had a similar dip with friends while at a casino. They had a suite for the evening, the kitchen had the most incredible 6 person island and an oven. So before going down to play some slots, we hung out sipping cocktails and enjoying some appetizers.
After my very first bite, I immediately new I would be sharing my own version of that jalapeño popper dip as soon as the holidays are over.
Spicy, creamy, crunchy. And served with corn chips? YES please. Even more delicious if served with margaritas.
It’s a whole vibe. You’ll love it.
To Make This Jalapeño Popper Dip You Will Need:
- cream cheese (softened)
- plain nonfat greek yogurt or sour cream
- ranch dressing
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- cheddar cheese
- monterey jack cheese
- jalapeño peppers
- crispy jalapeños
- panko breadcrumbs
- salted butter (melted)
- fresh cilantro
- corn chips
Preheat your oven to 375°.
Start by adding 2 (8 ounces each) softened blocks of cream cheese into a mixing bowl with 3/4 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt (or sour cream – whichever you have on hand), 1/4 cup ranch dressing, 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.
Use a hand mixer and blend until smooth.
Next add in 3/4 cup each freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese and monterey jack cheese. Add in the diced jalapeño.
Use 2 jalapeños if they are large or 4 if smaller. I leave the seeds and ribs in half of the peppers for some spicy heat. However you can remove the seeds and ribs completely for less heat.
Transfer the mixture to a 2-quart oven safe baking dish.
Spread smooth using a spatula.
Crispy jalapeños are something we always have on hand. They’re add flavor to salads and great texture to chili, baked potatoes and add spicy heat to sloppy joes. I use the Fresh Gourmet brand, however French’s also makes them.
However, for this jalapeño popper dip, I pulse 3/4 cup into crumbs using my mini food processor.
Transfer the crispy jalapeno crumbs to a bowl with 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs.
Stir and combine with 2 tablespoons melted salted butter.
Sprinkle the buttery crumb mixture over top and bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and the top is golden brown in spots.
Let cool slightly before serving.
Sprinkle with minced fresh cilantro and serve with your favorite corn chips. We like to use Frito Scoops.
I love the creamy cheesy dip in contrast to the spicy crunchy topping. And the flavor combo of corn chip with the spicy jalapeño isn’t too shabby either.
Basically everything you love about jalapeño poppers in dip form.
Enjoy! And if you give this Jalapeño Popper Dip recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt, or sour cream
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 jalapeños , diced (see notes)
- 3/4 cup crispy jalapeños, (I use Fresh Gourmet brand)
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, measure and add softened cream cheese, greek yogurt (or sour cream), ranch dressing, garlic and onion powder. Mix well until creamy and smooth.
- Add in both cheeses and jalapeños. Use a rubber spatula to combine thoroughly.
- Transfer this mixture to a 2-quart oven safe baking dish and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Add crispy jalapeños to a mini food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- In a bowl, combine jalapeno crumbs with panko and melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle over top of the jalapeño mixture and bake uncovered on the middle rack for 20 to 25 minutes. Or until hot and the top is golden brown in spots.
- Remove, sprinkle with minced cilantro and serve with your favorite corn chips. (We like Frito Scoops)
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Leave a Reply