Eggnog Cheesecake is the perfect holiday dessert! A nutmeg spiced vanilla wafer cookie crust with a rich and decadent eggnog cheesecake filling is topped with eggnog whipped cream and dusted with fresh nutmeg. Serves 12 to 16 people.
This is what happens when my daughter requests an eggnog cheesecake.
She didn’t have to twist my arm. I was on it.
I based this off my New York-style cheesecake recipe and only made a few changes. Because I didn’t want the crust to compete with the flavor of the cheesecake, I used crushed vanilla wafer cookies for the crust instead of graham crackers. And substituted full fat eggnog and heavy cream for the sour cream. Once baked and chilled, I then made an incredible eggnog whipped cream, piped that on top and grated fresh nutmeg over top.
The cheesecake is creamy, decadent and absolutely incredible.
Even our boy, Finn couldn’t wait for a taste.😜
To Make The Crust You Will Need:
- vanilla wafer cookies
- melted butter (salted)
Preheat your oven to 325°.
Melt 1/2 cup of butter in a saucepan. Grease the inside of a 9×3 cheesecake pan with a little of the melted butter. Be sure to get every inch.
In a small bowl, measure and add 2-1/2 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg.
I used almost an entire 11 ounce box of vanilla wafers.
Add the rest of the melted butter in to the crumb mixture.
Stir to combine.
Transfer the crumbs to the prepared pan and use the flat side of a glass or measuring cup to press the crumbs in the bottom and working them up the sides of the pan.
Bake on the middle rack for 10 minutes. Remove, let cool and then wrap the pan in foil. This will keep the water out of the cheesecake while it’s baking in a water bath.
To Make The Eggnog Cheesecake You Will Need:
- softened cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- heavy whipping cream
- spiced rum, brandy or bourbon
- unbleached all-purpose flour (sifted)
In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add softened cream cheese and granulated sugar.
Mix until light, creamy and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as you go.
Next, pour in 3/4 cup full fat eggnog, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and 1/3 cup spiced rum (brandy or bourbon).
Mixt to combine.
Crack in one egg at a time, mixing well after each one. Scrape the sides of the bowl as you go.
Lastly, add in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
And add in 1/4 cup sifted flour and 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
Again, mix until combined, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
Pour the filling into the partially baked crust.
Set the foil-wrapped cheesecake into a larger pan and fill the larger pan with 1-inch of water.
Slide the pan onto the lowest rack of your preheated oven and bake for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 300° and continue baking for 30 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven. Use oven mitts to take the cheesecake out of the water bath, place it on a wire rack and cool completely.
Once cool, cover the cheese cake with foil and refrigerate overnight.
To Make The Eggnog Whipped Cream You Will Need:
- heavy whipping cream
- eggnog (full fat)
- vanilla extract
- marshmallow creme
- powdered sugar
- nutmeg (freshly grated)
Add 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup (full fat) eggnog into a mixing bowl.
Mix until combined and slightly thick.
Next add in 1/3 cup marshmallow creme, 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar and a splash of vanilla extract.
Mix on high speed until thick and soft peaks form. It won’t be super stiff but it will hold its shape once piped.
Fit a piping bag with a star tip, fill with the eggnog whipped cream and pipe stars over the top of the cheesecake.
Lastly, grate fresh nutmeg over top.
And prepare to fall in love.
Enjoy! And if you give this Eggnog Cheesecake recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2½ cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs, (about 10 ounces of cookies)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (full fat) eggnog, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup spiced rum, brandy or bourbon
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
FOR THE EGGNOG WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/4 cup (full fat) eggnog, cold
- 1 splash pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup marshmallow creme
- grated fresh nutmeg, for sprinkling
MAKE THE CRUST:
- Preheat your oven to 325° and butter a 9x3 round cheesecake pan. I use a little of the melted butter for the crust.
- In a mixing bowl, add cookie crumbs, sugar, nutmeg and mix to combine.
- Pour in butter and mix until incorporated
- Transfer to the prepared pan, and use the flat side of a glass to press the crumbs into the pan.
- Partially bake for 10 minutes on the middle rack of your preheated oven.
- Remove and let cool. Once cool, wrap the bottom of the pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
MAKE THE CHEESECAKE:
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add softened cream cheese and granulated sugar. Mix until light and creamy.
- Next pour in the cream, eggnog and rum. Mix until incorporated.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing after each one.
- Lastly add in the vanilla extract, flour and nutmeg. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into the partially baked crust and bake on the lowest rack of your oven for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 300° and continue baking for 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool compeletly.
- Once cool, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
MAKE THE EGGNOG WHIPPED CREAM:
- In a large mixing bowl, measure and add th heavy cream and eggnog. Mix until it slightly thickens.
- Then add in the marshmallow creme, powdered sugar and splash of vanilla.
- Mix until soft peaks form.
- Transfer to a piping bag with star tip. Remove cheesecake from pan and pipe stars over top of the cheesecake.
- Grate fresh nutmeg over top before serving.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Leave a Reply