Quality ingredients make up this deliciously simple House Balsamic Vinaigrette. Simply measure and add ingredients to a glass jar and shake well. Yields 8 (1-1/2 tablespoons) servings.
Everyone needs a go-to balsamic vinaigrette.
Drizzled over a BLT salad, pasta salad or spinach salad topped with any variety of fruit. I said salad one too many times there, didn’t I? Obviously I love this dressing. And I really love how simple the ingredients are and that it’s extremely easy to make. Shake it up in a glass jar, or make it in a blender or mini food processor.
Every now and again I like to give my whisking arm a break, but alternatively using these appliances really blends these ingredients together, making it a luscious and velvety vinaigrette.
To Make this House Balsamic Vinaigrette You will Need:
- red wine vinegar
- dried basil
- black pepper
- olive oil
I always have these things stocked and readily on hand so I have dressing at my fingertips.
In a glass mason jar, add 1/2 cup olive oil, 3 to 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (4 tablespoons if you like it more acidic), 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 to 2 small cloves minced garlic and add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Tightly secure the lid and shake well. It’s important to make sure the honey is throughout.
You can make this vinaigrette 1 week in advance. Store in a container with a tight fitting lid in the fridge.
Ways to Enjoy this House Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- spinach salad
- grilled romaine salad with cherries and feta
- caprese pasta salad
- Corn, Asparagus and Tomato Orzo Salad
House Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, see notes
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, optional
- Add all ingredients into a glass jar and secure a tight fitting lid.
- Shake well until honey has dissolved and is throughout the dressing.
- This dressing can be made up to 1 week ahead, stored in an air-tight container and keep refrigerated.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!