A step-by-step post on how to dice up a mango! It’s so easy. Use in salads, salsas or freeze to add to your favorite morning smoothie!
Dicing up a mango is easy stuff but I didn’t always know how to do it. Here is a simple tutorial on how you can dice up a mango easy and virtually effortlessly.
For smaller and more exact cuts use a paring knife. But I was just looking to remove the fruit away from its skin. So I’m using my favorite chef knife.
The mango has a thin pit that runs from top downward through the fruit. Use your knife to cut around that pit.
Next make cuts through the fruit but being careful not to cut through the mango skin.
Now make cuts going in the opposite direction.
Next flip the mango inside out.
And slice the mango cubes off of the skin and into a bowl.
Then repeat with the other side of the mango.
And there you have perfect mango chunks! Use in your favorite salad, salsa or freeze to add into your favorite smoothie recipe, like this Pineapple Mango Smoothie ;). When needing smaller pieces, like making a mango salsa, try using a smaller knife and make smaller cuts.
How To Dice Up A Mango
- fresh ripe mango
- The mango has a thin pit that runs from top downward through the fruit. Use your knife to cut around that pit.
- Next make cuts through the fruits flesh but being careful not to cut through the skin.
- Make cuts going in the opposite direction.
- Flip the mango inside out and slice the mango cubes off of the skin and into a bowl.
- Repeat with the other half of the mango.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!